Flatworms

SandJ

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In a pinch, I have used a small 2 or 3 gallon food grade white bucket and a small power head as a quarantine tank. I just placed it next to the main tank so i did not have to supplement light.
I keep a small piece of live rock in the main tank that I can move over (and throw out or sanitize if possible).
Egg crate with pvc legs makes a quick frag rack if you don’t have a magnetic one (plus you can adjust the pvc to what ever height you need).

OP
OP
Joshua2598

Joshua2598

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In a pinch, I have used a small 2 or 3 gallon food grade white bucket and a small power head as a quarantine tank. I just placed it next to the main tank so i did not have to supplement light.
I keep a small piece of live rock in the main tank that I can move over (and throw out or sanitize if possible).
Egg crate with pvc legs makes a quick frag rack if you don’t have a magnetic one (plus you can adjust the pvc to what ever height you need).
Gotcha. That's a pretty good idea. Dont know how my parents feel about me having a random bucket of water next to my tank though lol

OP
OP
Joshua2598

Joshua2598

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
:]
20180902_181718.jpeg

SandJ

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gotcha. That's a pretty good idea. Dont know how my parents feel about me having a random bucket of water next to my tank though lol

Lol I can relate. My 16 year old daughter is very into aquariums/fish. She has a 36 bow front saltwater, 30 gallon fresh water, 20 gallon of plants and fish found in water standing in our ditches, 3 gallon betta, a shrimp bowl plus a few random 5 gallon buckets pop up from time to time (treating fish, soaking driftwood, water changes, or various other science experiments).

Maybe if you explain it as a temporary setup that helps protect the money and life in your display tank they would understand. Set a date that you will have it taken down by (and mark it on the bucket with tape and a permanent marker) so they know that you have a plan and it is not just up until whenever.

Also, a JBJ Pico tank (3 gallons) has a small footprint and could be easily kept on a nightstand or shelf. We have two of these set up and they work really well.

OP
OP
Joshua2598

Joshua2598

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol I can relate. My 16 year old daughter is very into aquariums/fish. She has a 36 bow front saltwater, 30 gallon fresh water, 20 gallon of plants and fish found in water standing in our ditches, 3 gallon betta, a shrimp bowl plus a few random 5 gallon buckets pop up from time to time (treating fish, soaking driftwood, water changes, or various other science experiments).

Maybe if you explain it as a temporary setup that helps protect the money and life in your display tank they would understand. Set a date that you will have it taken down by (and mark it on the bucket with tape and a permanent marker) so they know that you have a plan and it is not just up until whenever.

Also, a JBJ Pico tank (3 gallons) has a small footprint and could be easily kept on a nightstand or shelf. We have two of these set up and they work really well.
I'll look into those jbjs to. Just dont have enough money to focus on two tanks unless that comes with everything

SandJ

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll look into those jbjs to. Just dont have enough money to focus on two tanks unless that comes with everything

Yes, ready to go out of the box. Comes with a light, small hang on back filter and tank.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 7.4%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.7%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.6%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 86 79.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.6%
Back