Flex mount for Mitras LX7

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

eyesmuri

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

I want to upgrade my Led to Mitras LX7200.
Is the flex mount for Mitras LX7 able to mount it horizontally with the tank? I found the info that it cannot.

I apprecaite if anyone could help. Thank you.

Regards,

Eyesmuri

Support@GHLUSA

Team GHL
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

I want to upgrade my Led to Mitras LX7200.
Is the flex mount for Mitras LX7 able to mount it horizontally with the tank? I found the info that it cannot.

I apprecaite if anyone could help. Thank you.

Regards,

Eyesmuri
Currently the Flex mount can only mount the Mitras perpendicular to the tank, if mounted to the back.
However I have see a customer with 2x Flex Mounts use a Aluminum profile mounted to the flex mount, and the Mitras mounted to the Aluminum profile.

OP
OP
E

eyesmuri

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Currently the Flex mount can only mount the Mitras perpendicular to the tank, if mounted to the back.
However I have see a customer with 2x Flex Mounts use a Aluminum profile mounted to the flex mount, and the Mitras mounted to the Aluminum profile.

Thank you for your quick reply.

Can I mount two Lx 7 prependicular to my red sea reefer 350? Good covering enough?

Support@GHLUSA

Team GHL
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes. 2 would be perfect.
You can mount them perpendicular, but parallel to the long side would give you a little bit better coverage.

Support@GHLUSA

Team GHL
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you get some Aluminum extrusion / profile, you can mount that to the lightmounts, and the mitras to the extrusion / profile. :)

Support@GHLUSA

Team GHL
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For example:
80/20's 1004-S profile. T-slot on both top & bottom, top for mounting to lightmount, bottom to mount Mitras.

https://8020.net/shop/1004-s.html

s-l1600.jpg

upload_2018-6-21_10-49-25.png

Swoody

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I made my own mount and going to add a other 7206 to it soon......it does have a slight bow so I am upping the box tube to 1.250"

fts.jpg

OP
OP
E

eyesmuri

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you get some Aluminum extrusion / profile, you can mount that to the lightmounts, and the mitras to the extrusion / profile. :)

Thanks Marco@GHLUSA.

I think that is too complicated to me...
I am currently using Radion G3 and I got their single arm amount.
Do you think I can modify a bit to mount the LX7 on it?
I saw someone using Verrve mount and grill two holes on the mount and successfully mounted it on horizontally.

Is GHL going to release a version 2 of Flex mount in the future?

BCSreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I made my own mount and going to add a other 7206 to it soon......it does have a slight bow so I am upping the box tube to 1.250"

fts.jpg

How exactly did you attach the LX7s to the T-slot? Is there a certain T-slot piece needed? I've been to the 80/20 website and the options are overwhelming!

Thanks in Advance, Bob

Swoody

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How exactly did you attach the LX7s to the T-slot? Is there a certain T-slot piece needed? I've been to the 80/20 website and the options are overwhelming!

Thanks in Advance, Bob

Hey Bob....I am not using T slot at all...simply square tubing drilled through with 1" metal spacers atop the lights and I believe 4.7mm x 2.250" long screws all purchased at Home Depot. If I were going to use the T slot extrusion, I would still use the same spacers and whatever length screw worked and make the tabs to slide into the T-slot myself from a piece of aluminum flat bar.

BCSreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Bob....I am not using T slot at all...simply square tubing drilled through with 1" metal spacers atop the lights and I believe 4.7mm x 2.250" long screws all purchased at Home Depot. If I were going to use the T slot extrusion, I would still use the same spacers and whatever length screw worked and make the tabs to slide into the T-slot myself from a piece of aluminum flat bar.

Hi Swoody, Thanks, I'll give HD and Lowes a try.

Mako61

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Attaching the Lx7 to the T-slot is the tricky bit of a mount. I cant find my parts lists, but I used tapplastics and boltdepot for the parts. Here is a close up of how I did it. The plate is dark acrylic 1/4 from tap. The black posts ( plastic spacers ) and all hex screws are from bolt depot. The bolts going up attache to t-slot anchors so I can slide the mount. The bottom spacers are taller to not interfere with air flow and allow space for a allen wrench to tight the up bolts. The acrylic flexes very little because I used 2 bolts and created more of a shearing force.

6hE9qyc.jpg

Last edited:

AquaDaddy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Attaching the Lx7 to the T-slot is the tricky bit of a mount. I cant find my parts lists, but I used tapplastics and boltdepot for the parts. Here is a close up of how I did it. The plate is dark acrylic 1/4 from tap. The black posts ( plastic spacers ) and all hex screws are from bolt depot. The bolts going up attache to t-slot anchors so I can slide the mount. The bottom spacers are taller to not interfere with air flow and allow space for a allen wrench to tight the up bolts. The acrylic flexes very little because I used 2 bolts and created more of a shearing force.

6hE9qyc.jpg
love the look of this. I'm about ready to pull the trigger on new lights and am seriously considering the LX7's.... Nice work.

Michael Gray

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

6hE9qyc.jpg

The black spacers are a must have regardless so it doesnt cover up the cooling right. Those so question is how long spacers are necessary smallest if possible

Michael Gray

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

6hE9qyc.jpg

sir, for tap plastics purposes. what size is that black plastic mounting plate? and how far apart are the mounting holes on the lx7

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 35 53.8%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 36 55.4%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 14 21.5%
  • None.

Votes: 14 21.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 9.2%
Back