Flipper algae scraper pad replacement

Ryan Kraft

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 1, 2017
Messages
49
Reaction score
19
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone,
I have a Flipper max and I am replacing the pad on the magnet. I pulled the pad off and it left a whole bunch of very very sticky adhesive. I cannot get this to come off, has anyone had any luck?
I'm sure it will probably come off with chemicals but I don't want to go that route. I have tried vinegar and also alcohol with no luck.
-Ryan
 
Hi everyone,
I have a Flipper max and I am replacing the pad on the magnet. I pulled the pad off and it left a whole bunch of very very sticky adhesive. I cannot get this to come off, has anyone had any luck?
I'm sure it will probably come off with chemicals but I don't want to go that route. I have tried vinegar and also alcohol with no luck.
-Ryan
WD-40 will remove it, then soak in vinegar followed by RO water.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.3%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 46 33.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new