Florida, Georgia, South Carolina Mathew2016 and now Irma 2017 Check in

Joey waid

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wanted to purchase a battery back up, but the one I was looking for was on backorder everywhere or 3 day out. I did see a knock off, but passed for the reason it was the price on the actual battery backup. I am root for the cold front to come through sooner:)
Me too. I'm planning on the night temps to bring the house down in temp. We have a large back and front porch with a garage. My plan is to keep those doors open, being they are out of the rain. I have friends with boats and live wells too. I can in worst, worst case borrow those, if I can figure that one out. Im hopping I can get out tomorrow morning to get something. I was looking and everything I have is 12 volt ac, im back to square one again.. at least I'm going to get a cheap inverter to run off our cars...

OP
OP
jsker

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Me too. I'm planning on the night temps to bring the house down in temp. We have a large back and front porch with a garage. My plan is to keep those doors open, being they are out of the rain. I have friends with boats and live wells too. I can in worst, worst case borrow those, if I can figure that one out. Im hopping I can get out tomorrow morning to get something. I was looking and everything I have is 12 volt ac, im back to square one again.. at least I'm going to get a cheap inverter to run off our cars...
At least you have a plan:cool: I think the inverter would be the best bet. They just put Orange Country on a curfew, so not run to the LFS.;)

GHsaltie

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm about 20 miles from the coast, packing everything up tonight and will have to evacuate tomorrow morning. Thankfully I was able to get a couple air pumps earlier today, but I'm stressing out already at the thought of leaving my tank.

mniemann

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jax FL here, not my 1st hurricane unfortunately. Also lived in Charleston during Hugo... have my ecotech battery back up and some air stones ready. For those of you that will be able to run power heads make sure you raise it so it slightly breaks the water so you can create glow and oxygen at the same time. Good luck to all!

OP
OP
jsker

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm about 20 miles from the coast, packing everything up tonight and will have to evacuate tomorrow morning. Thankfully I was able to get a couple air pumps earlier today, but I'm stressing out already at the thought of leaving my tank.
That is a hard one, let hope this storm weakens before you see it.

ReeferMaddness843

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was a Hugo camper as well. James island myself at that time.
Jax FL here, not my 1st hurricane unfortunately. Also lived in Charleston during Hugo... have my ecotech battery back up and some air stones ready. For those of you that will be able to run power heads make sure you raise it so it slightly breaks the water so you can create glow and oxygen at the same time. Good luck to all!

OP
OP
jsker

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good pointer. Stay safe

OP
OP
jsker

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Melbourne fl here, boarded up,getting ready to get slammed were 4 miles from the coast in Brevard county just south of cocoa. Crossing fingers and generator gassed up hopefully won't need it but not likely. 1475795562099.jpg

A+ on the board up job. Let us know how you do.

DJ Monty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We are on Merritt Island, Florida.. Right on the Banana River. Under a mandatory evacuation but we are staying to take care of the animals. 2 German Shepherds, cavalier king charles, cat, macaw & of course the new tank.. It's wet & windy right now but the worst is still on the way. Managed to get a generator so I feel much better now.. Stay safe everyone & hopefully we will chat on the other side of this..

Rpujol85

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone else in Central Florida and living near the coast and not evacuating, you better REALLY know what you are doing. This thing is going to be serious. Cat 4, direct hit is no joke. That's like Katrina/Andrew type stuff. There is going to be SERIOUS damage and flooding.
I've lived in FL all my life, lived in Miami during Andrew and I'm kind of nervous about this one.
Pray.

redfishbluefish

Stay Positive, Stay Productive
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Stay safe folks!

My sister lives on an island right next to Hilton Head SC and the closest hotel they could find was over four and a half hours away.

OP
OP
jsker

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone else in Central Florida and living near the coast and not evacuating, you better REALLY know what you are doing. This thing is going to be serious. Cat 4, direct hit is no joke. That's like Katrina/Andrew type stuff. There is going to be SERIOUS damage and flooding.
I've lived in FL all my life, lived in Miami during Andrew and I'm kind of nervous about this one.
Pray.
There are a few guys on other thread that stayed put.

OP
OP
jsker

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Stay safe folks!

My sister lives on an island right next to Hilton Head SC and the closest hotel they could find was over four and a half hours away.
That is a long drive, but a safe place to be:)

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 76 44.4%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 79 46.2%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 16 9.4%
Back