OP
jsker

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks,we can only do our best and prepare,beyond that it's out of our hands. Good luck to all.
Be safe and hope for the best for you guys out on the coast

zoomonster

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I'm 20 miles inland between Daytona and Titusville in southwest Volusia and expecting a pretty good beating. Been running around the past few days squirreling away water, food, gas etc. and securing everything outdoors. I've been procrastinating quite some time but I finally picked up a generator the other day and got probably the last Generac within 50m although I saw some new ones arrive today at Lowes. I know I hit 5 places before I found one and snagged it. Smaller than I wanted but 5000w will easily do tank, frig, fans, lights etc. Just hope any outage does not last too long as its going to be miserable with the heat and humidity and mold could become an issue. May have to try and pickup as big a window AC unit as I can get. Might be the one time I wished I had a chiller. Its been raining off and on most of the day but rain and wind starting to kick up pretty good now. My house is newer so built to current codes and hopefully the hip roof will survive and no trees come crashing down. Beyond that this area floods pretty bad but this house is high enough the water has only ever made it half way up front yard in previous storms. Fortunately the lake in back is at least a 100yds back and downhill.

cracker

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here in Jax I see some showers and a stiff wind every 30, 45 minutes or so as the bands pass over. I'm ready to get this thing over with . Good luck everybody !

Dapperjman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm hoping I don't need a generator. I'm in mid ga, we should be ok. Worst case I have 3 cars and a lawnmower with batteries. I can scab some 12 volt stuff together to circulate air. Luckily are air temps are close to tank temps. I have plenty of achohol to pull me through it, if it does get bad... good luck to all....
Warner Robins?? I live just west of you! I hope we don't get anything, I work for the power company...

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm just seeing the fatalities updating from Haiti and imagine it will be just as bad or worse in the Bahamas. They took a prolonged direct hit. :( We are blessed that we have better infrastructure and better evacuation routes in the US.

Stay safe everyone, especially those around Daytona, FL! They are saying that is the most likely landfall point at this time.

OP
OP
jsker

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello jsker, What's your weather like now? I just finally got a local time frame for the worst. looks like it will be tomorrow afternoon here.
Not much going on right now. I was just outside and there was a light breeze. We should get rocking around 4 am they are saying and things should calm down about 2pm.

Chezted

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just went thru 3 days no power from Hermine here in Tallahassee. My generator took a dive an hour into it. I just hooked up my car battery to my Jebao, just cut the dc plug and hooked it up to the battery. Ran like a champ for three days. I didn't lose a thing. Good luck to all. Be safe

locito277

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We are on Merritt Island, Florida.. Right on the Banana River. Under a mandatory evacuation but we are staying to take care of the animals. 2 German Shepherds, cavalier king charles, cat, macaw & of course the new tank.. It's wet & windy right now but the worst is still on the way. Managed to get a generator so I feel much better now.. Stay safe everyone & hopefully we will chat on the other side of this..

What kind of macaw you guys got? We got 3. Storm hitting you yet?

cracker

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the update Jsker, I just tested an 800 watt inverter I got from the auto parts store. Used the battery out of the camry I watched a dvd and cable news. with a full charge, It lasted about 3 hours. I hope this pc running a dvd will last longer. Y'all down south, let us know how you're doing.

OP
OP
jsker

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can tell I am getting up there in age (old) I turned in early and was up a few times during the night to check things.

Right not just a lot of wind and and light rain. No damage so far, electric is on. @cracker how are you doing up in JAX? @helen ann how did thing go for you down there? How are you doing @tcarter1936 ?

helen ann

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can tell I am getting up there in age (old) I turned in early and was up a few times during the night to check things.

Right not just a lot of wind and and light rain. No damage so far, electric is on. @cracker how are you doing up in JAX? @helen ann how did thing go for you down there? How are you doing @tcarter1936 ?
Down in Broward ... we are good.
Worse was about 11p with some heavy winds and rains where I am but all in all we got spared. :)

Last edited:
OP
OP
jsker

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Down in Broward ... we are good.
Worse was about 11p with some heavy winds and rains where I am but all in all we got spared. :)
Good to here. Go check on @dbl :)

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 76 44.4%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 79 46.2%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 16 9.4%

Back