OP
FLSharkvictim

FLSharkvictim

Shark Advocate
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like the MD controller boards they look quite sharp :). You can paint them as well if needed. Just give it a light scuff and paint away.

@Elder1945 - Yours look off the charts and you see your picture all over the internet and i LOVE it :) How many MD panels did you run?

lbacha

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@lbacha, I have done that in the past in a little cabinet when I was running my 120 mixed reef tank! I am sure I can find some pictures of it...Whatever you do make sure you leave yourself enough room under each controller or module for a 1'' or 2'' computer grommet.
These are key, trust me to hide all of your wires. Make sure you let us know how your panel comes out?

s-l1600 (1).jpg

Thanks Shark

I’m actually not a fan of those as they take up too much space. I’m either going to drill individual holes and router them out or run the cables across the front to the sides where I’ll have cable trays to route the cables down to the power blocks. The other option is to mount each unit on a plate and have it float above the panel with the wires routed under the plate if I do this I will probably add led backlighting under each plate. The big issue with any option other than routing the wires across the front is if I change up equipment I may have issues

OP
OP
FLSharkvictim

FLSharkvictim

Shark Advocate
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@lbacha - really I love my MD Power panel that comes prefabricated. They dont take up as much room as you think. My two are getting installed on each side if the tank since I dont have any room in my cabinet below.
My cabinet is 60'' and my sump and ATO Container total spec size will be 56'' which is a only a little room to play if you know what I mean on each side.

Specifications on the single panel,
  • Face Size: 25.25" H x 16.25 W
  • Thickness: 3.5"
  • Inside Zip Tie Tracks: 4
  • Inside Shelf: 2
  • Hole size A: 1.25" x 3"
  • Hole size B: 1.25" x 6"
Specifications on the single

• Face Size: 25.25" H x 15 W
  • Thickness: 3.5"
  • Inside Zip Tie Tracks: 2
  • Inside Shelf: 1
  • Hole size A: 1.25" x 3"

OP
OP
FLSharkvictim

FLSharkvictim

Shark Advocate
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
*** NEW UPDATE ***

JUSER=26427]@Bulk Reef Supply[/USER] just shipped the remaining equipment for the rest of my build! After over 2 years of designing of custom designing my system the way I want it, it about to be completed and this build thread will be completed :(

I will be getting my 2nd #Orphek Atlantik Compact V4 (Gen 2) LED fixture and the #GATEWAY WIFI box so I can control my 2 #Orphek Compact lighting from anywhere in the world. Already have my mounting legs that I bought directly from #Orphek, which i have pictures of the mounting legs above in my thread. Plus, I got 2 Apex optical sensors for controlling my water levels w/ @AVAST Marine Breakout box. Also, got the #WXM Apex Module in order to control my pair of #ecotech Marine MP40QWD's powerheads. Plus, I will be installing 2 #TUNZE Turbelle Nanostreams 6055 controllable PUMPS that will be mounted in the back of the tank for any missed dead spots and for the return will be running a #ecotech #Marine L-1.

YAHOO. I just tracked my order and it appears that my shipment will be coming in sometime next wk. After that, there is only one thing left to complete this 2 YRS design and move on to the next part of this never-ending journey! My Synergy CL-44 Sump and Matching ATO Container. Per Synergy, my sump and ATO 10-gallon container should be ready right around the 1st of February, which is perfect since I AM in the process of a 4-week recurring cycle on 50 lbs of my some of my old school Ultra Premium Fiji live rock and Marshall Island that I saved from my last build! I just found that you can no longer get real Ultra Premium Fiji Live rock since it was banned in 2008 or any Tonga Branches which was also banned in 2004 for any type of Export. That's what you have seen an explosion of Artificial reef rock, like your Marco Dry Rock, Real Reef rock, Walt Smith Live rock, which in my opinion, is junk. In my opinion, there is nothing in the world better than Real live rock for your Biological Filtration, especially for a new tank.

upload_2019-1-23_12-45-4.png

Recurring 50 lbs of Ultra Premium Fiji.
upload_2019-1-24_7-5-25.png

Last edited:
OP
OP
FLSharkvictim

FLSharkvictim

Shark Advocate
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know I have talked a little about scaping my tank earlier in my build thread. Anyways, as I mentioned earlier, for this build I am will be aiming for a more minimalist type #Aquascape since this system will be an all SPS Dominate Type tank. I have the two end pieces that I would like to share since this stuff was very expensive and also would like to get in how well this stuff really works vs live rock. I also added a little info about the company in case someone wants any of this Primo rock made from Vidarocks. See below for there website. If you can dream it they can build it -
What l Like about this rock more then anything is that it will react just like the real live rock.

Reef-building is Vidarock's our passion. Nothing surpasses the wonder of participating with nature in creating a microenvironment of life and color in a marine aquarium. We've partnered with CeramEco and their team of engineers to bring you innovative reef structures made from VidaRock and Detox Blox ceramic materials. Let us help provide the reef foundation that you and nature can build upon. We're here to help you create your dream aquarium. In my opinion, VidaRock has been the best-kept secret in the industry. Check out their website for all the different pcs that have in stock ready to ship out. https://aqua-tecture.com/

One-of-kind VidaRock Shapes

Most of the pieces stocked on our site are one-of-a-kind sculpted shapes. These typically are photographed with a blue background. Certain items like magnetic shelves, frags plugs, etc. are molded items that are consistent in size and shape and are photographed with a white background.

My Main Scape below & the two main corner custom Vidarock pcs I chose.

Below is around 50lbs of old school Ultra Premium Fiji

Just Illustration of how the scape will look:

Vidarock Wave 1076

IMG_20171211_132341461_200x200.jpg

IMG_20171211_132435927_200x200.jpg

IMG_20171211_132518094_200x200.jpg

VidaWave 1089:
IMG_20171211_125021230_998a6de6-e71d-4976-98f2-ca0f2f95e965_200x200.jpg

IMG_20171211_125044821_35067c38-67e4-4d36-a4b0-16bc71490759_200x200.jpg

IMG_20171211_125052557_0392cbbb-726a-422a-b56a-55ce99111dbf_200x200.jpg

IMG_20171211_125148509_371a7a1d-32ed-43a9-b430-29e579062284_200x200.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
FLSharkvictim

FLSharkvictim

Shark Advocate
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not to get off the topic of my Build thread but we all know what's coming up??? The worlds largest Aquarium show in the world! Yahooooooo :) :) #RAP2019 #OTWN

Anyone attending RAP 2019 in Orlando in a few months — in Orlando, Florida?? If, so just replay BUMP!!!!!!
50707812_10218814375899166_6435003135701286912_n.jpg

OP
OP
FLSharkvictim

FLSharkvictim

Shark Advocate
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
THIS NEW ATO SYSTEM has gotten a ton of good reviews.

Ultimate 4-Sensor ATO Aquarium Auto-Top-Off System - XP Aqua $199.99

ULTIMATE-ATO-AND-BOX-1000x1000__27417.1543591680.650.650.jpg

RO/DI Flood Guardian - RODI Auto Shut Off Solinoid (AKA The Marriage Saver) - XP Aqua

RODI-FLOOD-GUARDIAN-AND-BOX-1000x1000__30263.1548341094.650.650.jpg

No doubt about it, this would be a top choice for an ATO system if you have a storage container sitting next to your sump...
Tunze Osmolator 3155 $199.00

202307-tunze-osmolator-level-controller-auto-top-off-a_1.jpg

What are your thoughts and what kind of ATO system do you run and how do you have your's hooked up! Please feel free to add some pictures, etc etc!!

upload_2019-1-26_11-2-30.png

Last edited:

naterealbig

pea brain
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Nice progress, and good brainstorm on the ATO.... I like the large rockscape you have going on. I don't have much input for the auto topoff, except:

1. You're missing the autotopoff.com system. I have used this before, and it is extremely reliable.

2. I have also used the I/O Breakout Box with DIY switches, wiring, and pumps. This was also very reliable.

3. The Tunze system has great reviews and would also be a great choice I think.

4. The 50ml peristaltic pumps have terrible reviews - I would definitely cross this off the list.

5. FWIW I'm setting up the Neptune ATK module for my current system.

Best,

Nathan

lbacha

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 5g ato container next to my tank and I use a tunze ato as my top off. I then have a 50 ml/min BRS pump that fills the ato container once a day with a gallon of water. I have it set less than what I use each day so no worry of overflowing. If I need more in the ato I have a feed timer on my apex set to have it run for an hr which adds about a gallon of water. I haven’t had to carry water from my RODI storage tank to the ato container since I set this up.

OP
OP
FLSharkvictim

FLSharkvictim

Shark Advocate
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did a little Wire management around the house TODAY! I love working with this material b/c you can paint it or do whatever you want with it and it's super easy to cut but very expensive.
My tubing and my Dosing lines run around the house and connect to my RODI Station and the other line is connected to my SW Barrel for AWC w/ my #NeptuneDOS
#Legrand
WM1.jpeg

WM2.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
OP
FLSharkvictim

FLSharkvictim

Shark Advocate
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Legrand
I have a 5g ato container next to my tank and I use a tunze ato as my top off. I then have a 50 ml/min BRS pump that fills the ato container once a day with a gallon of water. I have it set less than what I use each day so no worry of overflowing. If I need more in the ato I have a feed timer on my apex set to have it run for an hr which adds about a gallon of water. I haven’t had to carry water from my RODI storage tank to the ato container since I set this up.

@lbacha- Care you share your Apex Fusion Code for your low and high sensors for your BRS Per pump thats on a timer? I also have a BRS Per pump but min is for dosing #KALK

OP
OP
FLSharkvictim

FLSharkvictim

Shark Advocate
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice progress, and good brainstorm on the ATO.... I like the large rockscape you have going on. I don't have much input for the auto topoff, except:

1. You're missing the autotopoff.com system. I have used this before, and it is extremely reliable.

2. I have also used the I/O Breakout Box with DIY switches, wiring, and pumps. This was also very reliable.

3. The Tunze system has great reviews and would also be a great choice I think.

4. The 50ml peristaltic pumps have terrible reviews - I would definitely cross this off the list.

5. FWIW I'm setting up the Neptune ATK module for my current system.

Best,

Nathan

@naterealbig- i THINK that the Xp Aqua's Ultimate ATO -is the most complete ATO on the market in my opinion.

212054-xpaqua-ultimateato-filtration-cv1_2.jpg

lbacha

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Legrand

@lbacha- Care you share your Apex Fusion Code for your low and high sensors for your BRS Per pump thats on a timer? I also have a BRS Per pump but min is for dosing #KALK

No sensors for the BRS doser. It just comes on once a day for an hr which is a little less than a gallon. I then set it to run in my feed timer B so it runs for another hr.

I use a hollow and a half of RODI a day so the automated fill doesn’t have a chance of over flowing the ato container. Every other night or so I hit feed timer B for an extra gallon when I see the ato container getting lower

Here is my apex programming (the two sensors are my leak detectors under each of my tanks and since my ato container is between them I figure they will catch a leak)
b1a38d856285e96b049a8d210d865602.jpg

Shoob1e

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
nice man, the sca are nice tanks i just picked up the sca 150 also and just about to get it wet. good luck! Where did you get those water storage containers at?

Last edited:
OP
OP
FLSharkvictim

FLSharkvictim

Shark Advocate
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
FLSharkvictim

FLSharkvictim

Shark Advocate
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
** New Update **

Since I have decided to go with all Neptune Apex gear to controller everything, I have picked up some more #Apex goodies. I got the Neptune #ATK Auto Top Off module, 2 Low Profile Leak Detectors, and 2 Neptune OS-1 Optical Level Sensor w/ Mounts.
I bought the 2 extra Optical sensors to install in my Synergy 10-gallon matching Reservoir to alert me for high and low levels.. Ones, It hits the low sensors, my ATO will automatically start filling up my Synergy 10-gallon reservoir.
Ones it hits the top sensor will automatically shut off my RODI, so there will be no salt creep. I still have to get my WXM module to control my pair of Ecotech Marine MP40QWDS.

neptune-atk-title.jpg

shopping

upload_2019-1-27_12-18-50.jpeg

OP
OP
FLSharkvictim

FLSharkvictim

Shark Advocate
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No sensors for the BRS doser. It just comes on once a day for an hr which is a little less than a gallon. I then set it to run in my feed timer B so it runs for another hr.

I use a hollow and a half of RODI a day so the automated fill doesn’t have a chance of over flowing the ato container. Every other night or so I hit feed timer B for an extra gallon when I see the ato container getting lower

Here is my apex programming (the two sensors are my leak detectors under each of my tanks and since my ato container is between them I figure they will catch a leak)
b1a38d856285e96b049a8d210d865602.jpg

Quick question, what is LK_8 AND LK_25G??

OP
OP
FLSharkvictim

FLSharkvictim

Shark Advocate
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
** MASSIVE NEW UPDATE ON MY SCA 150 RIMLESS BUILD ***

I finally got both of my #Orphek - #Atlantik Compact V4 (Gen 2) Led Fixtures for my Rimless SCA 150. Plus a set of #Orphek mounting legs and the #Orphek WIFI #GatewayBox to be able to control these lights from anywhere in the world. I have been in this hobby for a long time and I have never seen light fixtures like these new Atlantik Compact V4 (Gen 2) Led Fixtures...
#NewBuild #NewLedsLights

Just take a look at how well these light fixtures are built! WOW...
PayCheck For Octo.jpg

Orphek1.jpg

Orphek3.jpg

WIFI BOX.jpg

Orphek2.jpg

Last edited:

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 15 21.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 10 14.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 37 52.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 8.6%
Back