Fluorescent Red/Orange Bubble Growing On Rock

PTreefs

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 2, 2023
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
Location
United States
What state or country do you live in
Georgia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone know what this is? It glows fluorescent orange under blue LEDs. I noticed it growing on my live rock recently. Doesn’t seem to spread or grow very rapidly. Is it a cool hitchhiker or something I need to remove? It feels almost like an anemone between my fingers.


IMG_7296.jpeg
IMG_7355.jpeg
 
I honestly don’t think so, just got some new videos of it with the daytime LEDs on.
Looks like the video isn’t cooperating so here’s a couple pictures
 

Attachments

  • IMG_7369.jpeg
    IMG_7369.jpeg
    190.1 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_7368.jpeg
    IMG_7368.jpeg
    189.5 KB · Views: 83
could it be a type of macroalgae?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 7 18.4%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 15 39.5%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 10.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 7.9%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 13.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 7.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new