View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_5955.JPG
IMG_5958.JPG
IMG_5959.JPG
IMG_5960.JPG
No one ever posts a thread of their dirty tank-so here I go!
I originally set out to do a "natural" filter nano tank. It bombed. Then I began the process with my Fluval Evo 13.5 and I was frustrated by dirty water clarity, clogged pump, lots of various algae etc.
After changing whats in the compartment, upgrading pump, adding skimmer I 'thought ' I was there...not quite. It wasn't until I started using Prodibio Nano Reef Kit+Bacto Bio Balls + Poly Filter + a sm bag of Clear-Fx Pro that I've captured a pretty ideal low maintenance system.
Low to me means I can safely go 2 weeks without touching the tank.
So my pics show what it looks like at two weeks-I have a lil brown on the glass I brush off & I siphon the sand w/same that my snails are not getting. I could add more flow & that would help more but I am comfortable where its at.
In comparison:For the last 3-4 months I was having to wipe the glass 2x a week and had to vacuum every week otherwise the tank would look horrible. Now 30 minutes every 2 weeks and tank is clean and thanks to Prodibio-no more daily dosing-I dose every two weeks!
Am I a happy camper right now-totally! I can enjoy my lil replica of Gulf of Mexico dives more.
Fish shown: royal gramma & chalk bass.
Gorgonians shown: purple varieties from KP Aquatics
Corals: numerous in various stages of growth.
In jar: A ricordea I am grooming to attach itself to a small piece of coral.

money88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome looking tank. I really love the Fluval Tanks, I have a 5 gallon Evo myself. Tank is really looking good and awesome to hear you were able to achieve the maintenance schedule that you like while still keeping the corals healthy.

reef-rc

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Curious how long your tank has been up? Yours is one of a few which have purple coralline on the back wall.

OP
OP
Nano Reef Q

Nano Reef Q

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Curious how long your tank has been up? Yours is one of a few which have purple coralline on the back wall.
I want to say tank arrived around Thanksgiving timeframe....beginning of Dec. setup. Yeah I have been going back and forth over that growth on the black wall...I started scraping it, then stopped...I know I need to decide soon because it will only be thicker & harder to get off. The growth really took off around Feb. I believe.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 50 42.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 25 21.0%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 41 34.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.5%
Back