Fluval 13.5 set up! New upgrades coming!’

bheumann

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What’s up everyone I recently set up my Fluval 13.5 tank, I did some little upgrades so far with a InTank Media Basket with Chemi Pure Blue and some Marine Pure Balls, then in the center chamber I are a mini refuge with some chaeto, marine pure balls and a mini refuge light. I also upgraded the return pump to a Sicce .5 let me know what you guys think for coral placement with my rock structure, I tried to make it so there’s minimal dead spots

Future upgrades
• IceCap 1k Gyre
• AI Prime 16HD
• ATO “need good recommendations”

Livestock
• 2 Ocellaris “Nearly Naked”

Future Livestock
• Yasha Goby/ Pistol shrimp
• Mandarian “once pod population is booming”

Projected Corals
• High end Acans
• High end Zoas
• Torches
• “Maybe some SPS”

Attachments

• IMG_0652.MOV
    62.4 MB

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
#WelcometoR2R!!! It sounds like you are off to a good start and have a reasonable plan! I use the AutoAqua Smart ATO and have been happy with it!

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thanks! Have you experienced any cons using that ATO?

I have not. In fact I plan to order another one soon for another system. @Crabs McJones did mention an issue and how he solved it (something about a bit of silicone but I don’t remember the details). There is a Tunze that may be better, but for the price I’m very satisfied with the AutoAqua.

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! Have you experienced any cons using that ATO?
I have not. In fact I plan to order another one soon for another system. @Crabs McJones did mention an issue and how he solved it (something about a bit of silicone but I don’t remember the details). There is a Tunze that may be better, but for the price I’m very satisfied with the AutoAqua.
The only con is that the inside magnet tends to rust around the edge where its pressed together. Coralvue has acknowledged this and will send out a new one free of charge no questions asked. But as mentioned above I took aquarium safe silicone and put it around the outer edge where the crease is to prevent water from getting in by the magnet. That was over 2 years ago and shes still rust free :)

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 22 34.9%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 11.1%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 21 33.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 11 17.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 3.2%
Back