Fluval 13.5gal Questions!

I dont think a protein skimmer is necessary if you do weekly 20% water changes. The Fluval skimmer for this tank sucks in my opinion. It was loud and a pain in the butt and not worth the hassle.
I am using the inTank media basket in chamber 1 - filter floss on top, chemipure blue nano x2 in the middle, fluval ceramic rings and marinepure balls at the bottom. I also have the middle chamber filled with marinepure balls. I'm very happy with this. Water is crystal clear, fish and corals happy, lots of purple coralline algae, and only a small amount of ugly algae on the glass.
I upgraded the pump to the Sicce 0.5 for more flow and use a random flow generator return nozzle instead of the two stock nozzles.
There is lots of info in the thread below:
https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/show-your-fluval-evo-13-5.292874/page-16
or search all the Fluval Evo threads:
https://www.reef2reef.com/search/3960988/?q=fluval+evo&o=relevance&c[title_only]=1&c[node]=89
I am about to order the Vivid RFG nozzle for my Fluval 13.5. Is it the 1/2 inch or 1/4 inch?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 6.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 34.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 25 15.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new