Fluval EVO lighting stock

Jonnyvasil34

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 13.5 Nano fluval EVO. Just wanted to know if the lighting is bright enough for RBTA and corals?

Thanks

tdileo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some soft and LPS I would say yes. BTA would be risky but it may be able to support it. Personally I would upgrade your light first though

OP
OP
Jonnyvasil34

Jonnyvasil34

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some soft and LPS I would say yes. BTA would be risky but it may be able to support it. Personally I would upgrade your light first though
Okay what light would you recommend that won’t break the bank?

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As crabs mentioned in your other thread an AI Prime HD would be an excellent choice:) and at only $199 it's compact, powerful and doesn't need a separate controller to run as it includes Wi-Fi to be controlled with your phone or tablet

tdileo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree the AI Prime would be a fantastic choice for you. Personally when I got into the hobby as an unemployed 14 year old, $400 to light my 3 foot tank with 2 AI Primes was still too much so I went with some black box LED off of Amazon. Only cost me $100 and grew every coral I tried up to acropora (which is generally considered the most difficult, bright light/high flow wanting coral). I had a few colonies under there and they grew just fine. The AI Prime is a lot better though, maybe not PAR-wise but in term of lack of hotspots, quality, looks and controllability it wins by a long shot. I think it is one of the top budget LEDs out there.

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello there,

I would not underestimate the fluval light at all. I have used the fluval marine 2.0 leds and they are amazing. The same light that is in your nanocube has the same parameters as the marine 2.0. I grew softies, lps and even high light sps with them and they did really good. Try the light for 6 months give it a chance, I promise you won’t regret it. (Now you may find a better light, and there are better lights, but this light can grow all types of coral.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.8%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 26 20.0%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 47 36.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back