Fluval Evo Mixed Reef (Video Included!)

SauceyReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is my Fluval 13.5 Evo mixed reef at 4.5 months old! Well actually I think it was a few weeks ago I took this. I really need to find a way to make HD videos - sorry for the blurriness. Any questions let me know!

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Looking good!

lclark209

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So beautiful! Love the rfa's. Hmm I hadn't thought about a Porcelain crab...not too big for the rfa's? I had one before in my 12"+ carpet, neat little dudes. Planning on just sexy shrimps in my rfa evo

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So with the Aptasia, give the bergh's time. They don't necessarily chew quickly. So long have you have nothing in there that is eating them, They will be out and about mostly at night hunting, And they will be hunting for your Aptasia.

How many did you get?

There's nothing wrong with getting them a hand with manual removal where possible.

Power heads? Time for a cleaning. They can usually be scraped off of the glass inside your chambers as well.

OP
OP
SauceyReef

SauceyReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So with the Aptasia, give the bergh's time. They don't necessarily chew quickly. So long have you have nothing in there that is eating them, They will be out and about mostly at night hunting, And they will be hunting for your Aptasia.

How many did you get?

There's nothing wrong with getting them a hand with manual removal where possible.

Power heads? Time for a cleaning. They can usually be scraped off of the glass inside your chambers as well.
Unfortunately I can barely get my hands in the back chambers, let alone consider scraping off the aiptasia. I could consider manually cleaning the power heads as you said.

This is where it gets tricky.. I have a red planaria problem that I have basically given up on seeing it has done no damage. I got a possum wrasse a very long time ago, but it eats absolutely nothing but the frozen food. Still there is the possibility the Possum Wrasse, the corals/anemones, Multiple commensal shrimp, bristle worms, hermit crabs, etc preyed on the berghias? I threw a couple egg sacks the vendor gave to me in the back chambers of the refugium in hopes if they grow nothing will prey on them. I guess I just have to give them time.. I am not sure what I would do if they did not work.

Here is my current build thread if anyone would like to see how the tank is doing:

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunately I can barely get my hands in the back chambers, let alone consider scraping off the aiptasia. I could consider manually cleaning the power heads as you said.

This is where it gets tricky.. I have a red planaria problem that I have basically given up on seeing it has done no damage. I got a possum wrasse a very long time ago, but it eats absolutely nothing but the frozen food. Still there is the possibility the Possum Wrasse, the corals/anemones, Multiple commensal shrimp, bristle worms, hermit crabs, etc preyed on the berghias? I threw a couple egg sacks the vendor gave to me in the back chambers of the refugium in hopes if they grow nothing will prey on them. I guess I just have to give them time.. I am not sure what I would do if they did not work.

Here is my current build thread if anyone would like to see how the tank is doing:
Assuming they weren't eaten , Give them time. They will chew! And when your tank is Aptasia free Feel free to send a few my way.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 17 28.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 50 83.3%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 9 15.0%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 6 10.0%
  • Other

Votes: 3 5.0%
Back