Fluval Flex Owners - Experience, Mods, Advice

Fritz

evan47

View Badges
Reaction score
I have the same tank and love it so far. I upgraded my return pump to the sicce syncra 1.5 which fits perfectly with no mods. I also have 2 of the inTank media baskets. For powerheads I bought the Current USA duel wave pump kit with controller for like $130 and it is working well for me. I like how I can mount them to the back glass and angle them back towards the middle. I think my blue and purple lights top out around 75% and my whites are around 15% and everything has been extremely happy. In fact with the lid on so tight, I didn't even need to add any water for 6 weeks, and still have not done a water change since I started it. My tank does get up to 81-82 though because of the tight fitting lid.
When you fitted your powerbeads how did you route the cables? Are there already holes for cables in the lid or did you need to alter the lid at all please? I am thinking of getting a new tank this year and the flex 123 looks great.

Lsuhunter

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
The middle chamber has a gap that all of my cables go thru(2 lights, heater, return pump, uv sterilzer, temp controller, 2 powerheads, doser tube). It is about an inch tall and the width of the chamber( 3 or so inches).

ecswanson213

View Badges
Reaction score
If you guys had to pick one would you do a power head to increase flow or upgrade your pump. I am having a little issue with Cyanobacteria right now and one of the things people suggest is increasing flow.

Fritz

How healthy are your fish?

• All of them are Healthy

Votes: 319 81.0%
  • Most of them are Healthy

Votes: 51 12.9%
  • Half of them are Healthy

Votes: 3 0.8%
  • Most are Unhealthy

Votes: 4 1.0%
  • All are Unhealthy

Votes: 5 1.3%