Fluval SPEC (not evo-freshwater version) filter conversion

Nanolifeuk

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 2, 2021
Messages
152
Reaction score
77
Location
Blackburn
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so I’ve had this tank over a year. Always struggled keeping coral and maintaining water quality.

it’s only 60L and exactly the same as the Fluval Evo except slightly taller + a filter grid at bottom (see pic)
I’ve noticed a surface biofilm problem despite good agitation, and my filter floss on intank media basket never gets very dirty.

Could this grid be stopping my overflow from surface skimming? I can see micro particles entering the bottom grid more than the top.
image.jpg
 
I notice the main difference between these tanks is this grid at the bottom. Maybe if I glue an acrylic card over it, this may force the water to only enter the overflow
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 47 34.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new