SeaDweller

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
TGC Hyperpickle
1410-2019-091278110334678673192.jpeg
I forgot if you got yours from Hung or not, but here's how his looks, thumbing thru his thread. Mine's definitely more like yours and not his; and really has the color of a pickle.
1575075774573.png

Graffiti Spot

Cat and coral maker
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmm, some of these threads I notice it looks like every single picture Makes the corals look orange. Like way too orange. I wouldn’t think it’s how the corals look naturally, because I know there are not that many orange acros out there.

bubbaque

Follow me on Instagram @ Bubbaquecorals
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmm, some of these threads I notice it looks like every single picture Makes the corals look orange. Like way too orange. I wouldn’t think it’s how the corals look naturally, because I know there are not that many orange acros out there.
All his newer pics have a lot of red/orange added.

SeaDweller

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, that Hyperpickle (really?) was given to me as a freebie, so I really don't care much for it, but when I got it, it literally looked like it came from a pickle jar, no joke. The color looks like a dang pickle, like TGC went to home depot and told the paint department to color match a pickle and painted an acro with it. As time went on, it shed a little of that color, but it's the main color. I was told by the seller it's supposed to be a golden-yellow color, like the pic. Well... it grows pretty well in low light and low flow, but it's not getting any prime real estate by any means, even if a TGC piece.

Graffiti Spot

Cat and coral maker
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can barely see a few of those pieces! Turn up the exposure! :) the tgc firecracker looks cool but I am not familiar with it, got any better pics of it?

OP
OP
flyfisherman

flyfisherman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
1 is ASD and 2 is RMF? Both look great!

RMF #1 ASD #2

to the naked eye its hard to tell the difference, to be honest I've felt like they are the same coral in the past. That said one could argue the RMF has a bit more pinkish orange to the body and the ASD tips are a bit more greenish.

Agreed! Is the firecracker the same coral is the reef raft firecracker?

Most likely, but who knows for sure? Perhaps one of the big lineage guys? I would have to grow both in the tank at the same par to come to a conclusion on that...

OP
OP
flyfisherman

flyfisherman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
a properly colored up JF altered ego is my favorite encrusting montipora. I love the way the green comes in.

Screenshot_20200112-203722_Lightroom.jpg

I'm torn between Kung Pao and Crazy T. The Kung Pao polyps seem to be a cooler aqua blue, but the Crazy T gets a tad bit brighter at least on the edges...

Kung Pao
Screenshot_20200112-203753_Lightroom.jpg

Crazy T
Screenshot_20200112-203816_Lightroom.jpg

I hacked up the Crazy T a little while ago. they can be a pain to frag depending on what they are encrusting...

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 41 16.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 15 6.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 144 57.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.6%
Back