FNF Black Hole Sun Acan

drainbamage

Extreme Whippersnapper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is usually around 1250-1300. I will raise it up to 1400 and see how the colors change. :)

1450-1500 was the numbers I hit, and yea, it was a world of difference, this gem colored up from it

505270483_photobucket_46744_.jpg

HighlandReef

Chalice Monger
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well as far as copy wright goes the vendor sent me that pic so since he gave it to me i think were good.
i have only traded/sold a couple of frags and have always sent updated pics to whoever wanted it. only reason i posted the original is cause at first i didnt want the pic getting out and being used on ebay since rnegret and evryone else for that matter is selling acans under the bhs name.
since everyone is making a big deal out of this here is a recent pic, no color alteration at all on it, just a top down

top down macro of mine in my frag tank, 20k reflux bulb
5632996681_8c67acdd8d_z.jpg

i am going to ask for one of our other club members bill to post a pic, hes got another good recent pic of his

Tabasco1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well as far as copy wright goes the vendor sent me that pic so since he gave it to me i think were good.
i have only traded/sold a couple of frags and have always sent updated pics to whoever wanted it. only reason i posted the original is cause at first i didnt want the pic getting out and being used on ebay since rnegret and evryone else for that matter is selling acans under the bhs name.
since everyone is making a big deal out of this here is a recent pic, no color alteration at all on it, just a top down

top down macro of mine in my frag tank, 20k reflux bulb
5632996681_8c67acdd8d_z.jpg

i am going to ask for one of our other club members bill to post a pic, hes got another good recent pic of his

Those are pretty sweet lookin acans. Nice job getting the colors to hold.

drainbamage

Extreme Whippersnapper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Re-opened the thread guys, lets please keep it on topic and discussing the Black Hole Sun variety of Acans, especially anyone who's got the Fish N Frags version!

if you want to argue about anything else, that's what PM's are for :bigsmile:

Oh- and Mike- for what it's worth, the Acan I showed earlier was totally red'd out, then started dosing magnesium up to those numbers as well as reducing light by 50%. Not sure what combo of things caused it to recolor, but for now it's been holding, and have just moved it into a new tank so will have to see what happens.

Acro76

Cherry Corals
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Quote Originally Posted by SteezySPS View Post
saw these on cherrycorals the other day. very nice

they are not the original, he just used the name agian..

everybody tryin to get rich off the NAME! BLACK HOLE SUN ACANS!!! FAKE!FAKE!FAKE!FAKE! lol

I'm pretty certain we used the name before fish n frags did. November 2008 is my time stamp on my photo of our black hole sun (Original photo below). Not like it really matters though, the original poster did specify the FNF Black Hole Sun, so i'm not sure how we got dragged into this...

New-Coral_6a.jpg

Last edited:

Crooks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No offense cherry corals you have alot of great acans on your site but that pic looks nothing like a FNF black hole sun.

drainbamage

Extreme Whippersnapper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No offense cherry corals you have alot of great acans on your site but that pic looks nothing like a FNF black hole sun.

Pretty sure he's responding to the allegation that he copied the name- he's showing that his naming of the piece predates the one FnF named the same name. So it's no biggy that they don't look the same- he's pointing out only that his came first, thus he didn't copy anything.

kingfisherfleshy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love "this" acan...I think there are a lot of different ones out there...afterall...anyone can call their coral anything.

Funny that there is so much variation however, when acans are some of the most "color-proof" corals out there IMO.

I guess its all about the lighting when it comes to acans.

SteezySPS

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+1 with drainbamage. both acans look really nice. names dont matter to me since I dont sell acans. only when i show off to friends that care about them

Jeremy R.

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is a shot of my FNF Black Hole Sun Acan. It is located at the bottom of my tank under 250W Reeflux 12k lamp. It is getting about 200par in its location.

FNFBHS.jpg

Here is another shot taken with my iphone.
BHSacan.jpg

Last edited:

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
man forget the acans let's see that avatar pic ahahahahahahah nice!!!!!!1smile1
Here is a shot of my FNF Black Hole Sun Acan. It is located at the bottom of my tank under 250W Reeflux 12k lamp. It is getting about 200par in its location.

FNFBHS.jpg

Here is another shot taken with my iphone.
BHSacan.jpg

lps1212

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's a nice shot although blurry but 1 can see the beauty of those acans

buddythelion

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bumping this thread, I got something called a rasta acan but now I'm leaning towards it being a black hole sun. Would love to see more pics.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 6.2%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.9%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 4.7%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 104 80.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.7%
Back