FNF Black Hole Sun Acan

Blackhawk Fan

Jedi Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your going to get mad, but I think cherry coral's is nicer. I don't see anything special there.,

why would I get mad? If gparr took the pic he would be able to show how beautiful this acan really is. I'm just shooting a raw photo with the white balance corrected, which isn't dont very often in this hobby. ;)

nixer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How is it a real stretch, I have only sold a couple frags and I sent everyone a pic that was serious about buying one. I will try to post a pic of mine tonight when I get home. The fnf bhs isn't a coral that is sold often, we have been keeping tabs on who has it.

As far as color... My pics are not color enhanced in any way but everyone knows the lighting plays a huge role in what a coral looks like and it's going to look different depending on lighting, this isn't anything new.

you did? i beg to differ! ive been waiting for that pic to be sent when you get home tonight for months!
or was i not serious when i asked for pics and pmed you my cell and everything?

thewackyreefer

(formerly luvmyacans)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful little colony you have there, Mike! Need to get my hands on a head of these some day, any serious acan collectors should have one! :wink:

nixer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree the CC BHS look way better, sorry blkhwkfan but your mature polyps just look red, and orange.

i think those polyps on the top are getting more light and lost some color myself, especially from all the pics of ppl who actually post their own.

Blackhawk Fan

Jedi Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is the colony we bought from FNF. As you can see as with most acans the colors fade in captivity which is why i don't collect them. ;)
5126889949_7a45c059aa.jpg

Blackhawk Fan

Jedi Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i think those polyps on the top are getting more light and lost some color myself, especially from all the pics of ppl who actually post their own.

You are dead right. If I move them into a dark cave they have much more color when I move them out to see how they are doing.
Look at all the color they had after we got them in and cut the colony up. This was taken right after I put them in my tank.

IMG_1423.jpg

gumby

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
wow! people wanna hate but everybody wants to bootleg the name! lol, thats why Im only getting the real deal!

Last edited:

Blackhawk Fan

Jedi Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
in your opinon does that picture accurately portray chris' bhs?

I honestly haven't seen Chris's piece so I can't answer that. You can see that my frag when I brought it home was very similiar to the pic though. You can also stop by anytime and see my piece and the rest of the tank. :)

nixer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I honestly haven't seen Chris's piece so I can't answer that. You can see that my frag when I brought it home was very similiar to the pic though. You can also stop by anytime and see my piece and the rest of the tank. :)

i appreciate the invite i just might do that one day and likewise your more than welcome to swing by whenever.

drainbamage

Extreme Whippersnapper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK, this might be a silly question or have an obvious answer... why does it say Highland Reef across it?

No idea- it's FnF's photo, but I've seen highland reef put it up when he's sold frags a few times- we're not copyright lawyers around here, but does seem to be some IP infringement? Unless the picture was sold with the colony, lol. I suppose with Acan's that wouldn't be a bad idea, it is REALLY hard to find their sweet spot to keep their wild colors.

And everyone- stop with the silliness of saying that other "Black hole suns" are fake or whatever- a name is just a name, lineage is how you trace to a specific colony. In this case, people are asking about FnF's version of the BHS, so anyone not adverting theirs as a FnF's are NOT faking anything. They're simply saying "I also have an acan called a BHS, but it's different than the other one." Simple, yes?

Hey Mike- what's your magnesium level running at? when I cranked mine up for bryopsis issues, I got a lot of color back in the Acans, might be worth playing with

Blackhawk Fan

Jedi Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No idea- it's FnF's photo, but I've seen highland reef put it up when he's sold frags a few times- we're not copyright lawyers around here, but does seem to be some IP infringement? Unless the picture was sold with the colony, lol. I suppose with Acan's that wouldn't be a bad idea, it is REALLY hard to find their sweet spot to keep their wild colors.

And everyone- stop with the silliness of saying that other "Black hole suns" are fake or whatever- a name is just a name, lineage is how you trace to a specific colony. In this case, people are asking about FnF's version of the BHS, so anyone not adverting theirs as a FnF's are NOT faking anything. They're simply saying "I also have an acan called a BHS, but it's different than the other one." Simple, yes?

Hey Mike- what's your magnesium level running at? when I cranked mine up for bryopsis issues, I got a lot of color back in the Acans, might be worth playing with

It is usually around 1250-1300. I will raise it up to 1400 and see how the colors change. :)

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 92 80.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.4%
Back