FNF Black Hole Sun Acan

  • Thread starter Thread starter ddiver
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Your going to get mad, but I think cherry coral's is nicer. I don't see anything special there.,

why would I get mad? If gparr took the pic he would be able to show how beautiful this acan really is. I'm just shooting a raw photo with the white balance corrected, which isn't dont very often in this hobby. ;)
 
How is it a real stretch, I have only sold a couple frags and I sent everyone a pic that was serious about buying one. I will try to post a pic of mine tonight when I get home. The fnf bhs isn't a coral that is sold often, we have been keeping tabs on who has it.

As far as color... My pics are not color enhanced in any way but everyone knows the lighting plays a huge role in what a coral looks like and it's going to look different depending on lighting, this isn't anything new.

you did? i beg to differ! ive been waiting for that pic to be sent when you get home tonight for months!
or was i not serious when i asked for pics and pmed you my cell and everything?
 
Beautiful little colony you have there, Mike! Need to get my hands on a head of these some day, any serious acan collectors should have one! :wink:
 
I agree the CC BHS look way better, sorry blkhwkfan but your mature polyps just look red, and orange.

i think those polyps on the top are getting more light and lost some color myself, especially from all the pics of ppl who actually post their own.
 
Here is the colony we bought from FNF. As you can see as with most acans the colors fade in captivity which is why i don't collect them. ;)
5126889949_7a45c059aa.jpg
 
i think those polyps on the top are getting more light and lost some color myself, especially from all the pics of ppl who actually post their own.

You are dead right. If I move them into a dark cave they have much more color when I move them out to see how they are doing.
Look at all the color they had after we got them in and cut the colony up. This was taken right after I put them in my tank.



IMG_1423.jpg
 
OK, this might be a silly question or have an obvious answer... why does it say Highland Reef across it?
 
wow! people wanna hate but everybody wants to bootleg the name! lol, thats why Im only getting the real deal!
 
Last edited:
in your opinon does that picture accurately portray chris' bhs?

I honestly haven't seen Chris's piece so I can't answer that. You can see that my frag when I brought it home was very similiar to the pic though. You can also stop by anytime and see my piece and the rest of the tank. :)
 
I honestly haven't seen Chris's piece so I can't answer that. You can see that my frag when I brought it home was very similiar to the pic though. You can also stop by anytime and see my piece and the rest of the tank. :)

i appreciate the invite i just might do that one day and likewise your more than welcome to swing by whenever.
 
OK, this might be a silly question or have an obvious answer... why does it say Highland Reef across it?

No idea- it's FnF's photo, but I've seen highland reef put it up when he's sold frags a few times- we're not copyright lawyers around here, but does seem to be some IP infringement? Unless the picture was sold with the colony, lol. I suppose with Acan's that wouldn't be a bad idea, it is REALLY hard to find their sweet spot to keep their wild colors.


And everyone- stop with the silliness of saying that other "Black hole suns" are fake or whatever- a name is just a name, lineage is how you trace to a specific colony. In this case, people are asking about FnF's version of the BHS, so anyone not adverting theirs as a FnF's are NOT faking anything. They're simply saying "I also have an acan called a BHS, but it's different than the other one." Simple, yes?

Hey Mike- what's your magnesium level running at? when I cranked mine up for bryopsis issues, I got a lot of color back in the Acans, might be worth playing with
 
No idea- it's FnF's photo, but I've seen highland reef put it up when he's sold frags a few times- we're not copyright lawyers around here, but does seem to be some IP infringement? Unless the picture was sold with the colony, lol. I suppose with Acan's that wouldn't be a bad idea, it is REALLY hard to find their sweet spot to keep their wild colors.


And everyone- stop with the silliness of saying that other "Black hole suns" are fake or whatever- a name is just a name, lineage is how you trace to a specific colony. In this case, people are asking about FnF's version of the BHS, so anyone not adverting theirs as a FnF's are NOT faking anything. They're simply saying "I also have an acan called a BHS, but it's different than the other one." Simple, yes?

Hey Mike- what's your magnesium level running at? when I cranked mine up for bryopsis issues, I got a lot of color back in the Acans, might be worth playing with

It is usually around 1250-1300. I will raise it up to 1400 and see how the colors change. :)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new