Foam under an acrylic tank?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Kbra
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Kbra

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 21, 2009
Messages
1,417
Reaction score
3
Location
San Luis Obispo, CA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I got a 9 foot acrylic tank coming in next week. I have a smooth wood base for it to sit on. Do I need a foam sheet between the tank and board? If so why?
 
I try to always put foam under glass tanks but have never put it under acrylic ... but I do use an appropriate sized piece of plywood under the acrylic.
 
I believe I might have asked this too and was told no under my 240 (96 x 24 x 24). I choose not to use it and all appears fine. Mine also sits on a wooden top (sanded 2 x 6's). GL. I'll try and find out and link my answers I got for reasons not to use it. Btw, what is the bottom's thickness? Mines 3/4.

Edit: Found it. https://www.reef2reef.com/forums/re...rylic-tank-placement-foam-questions-pics.html

Country boy using tapatalk on a HTC Evo
 
Last edited:

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 7 41.2%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 17.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new