Focustronic bulk replacement parts thread (Mastertronic / Alkatronic / Dosetronic)

sark

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Actually if you have a list of hose sizes for both internal and external, that would be great

tmccaff

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
3.2mm inner diameter for the mastertronic external hoses 2M each. Not sure about alkatronic

erichuyn

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

This is Actuator Mastertronic Specs:

• Backdrive Force (N): 45
  • Closed Hole to Hole (mm): 102
  • Control: P
  • Gear Ratio: 210
  • Life: Standard
  • Maximum Load (N): 80
  • Model: L12
  • No Load Speed (mm/s): 6.5
  • Peak Efficiency Load (N): 36
  • Stroke Length (mm): 50
  • Voltage (VDC): 12
  • Weight (grams): 40
The One I mentioned Above:

Maximum Load:70
No Load Speed: 8

So not the same but I wonder if it would work. The speed maybe a issue not sure. However, it's only like $18.00 compared to $80, lol
Don't think these will work. It's not the specs, but it seems to be a 2 cable actuator. When you look at the BRS site it's an Actuonix with 5 cables. Think it's for the position channel but not sure.
At least the Actuonix actuator seems to be available online via multiple sources. Still expensive though...

Sometimes it's just the gearbox that breaks if I read here correctly?

erichuyn

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
anywhere. Look up inner an outer diameter in this thread and when replacing be really careful to make it the same length.

I had the motion stuck now on my Mastertronic, ca 1400 tests, and I got the WD40 tip from Focutronics support.
In my case it worked. It's now testing again so luckily the actuator is still fine.

kenchilada

Palytoxin Abuser
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
It is such a joke trying to buy parts for this thing. Focustronic is clueless when it comes to operating a business that sells a product to customers. I've taken for granted how convenient it is to be able to buy supplies for every other device, because it's never been a problem for any other device I've ever owned.

Focustronic tells me to contact BRS. BRS says they probably have what I need somewhere but it's in a box and not listed on the website. BRS is sending me screenshots of the side of the Alkatronic trying to figure out what I need. The whole thing is such a mess. Maybe have someone other than your primary competitor to be a parts distributor?

And the way Focustronic speaks to customers comes off as harsh and defensive. They need serious help.

dwest

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BRS couldn't find the parts and sent me to CoralVue. :p

I still need to find the rigid tubing for the Alkatronic reagent though.
This is what I use. I replace the acid line every 6 months.

Edit: these are the external lines to and from the pump. Not the tubing inside the pump.

SimbaAnto

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I keep getting "code 3 - check pump C" on my Alkatronic. Anyone know what this means. I checked the manual. Anyone else have this issue and what was the fix? (Do I need to change the hoses:?) Is there a list of hoses I can get outside of the manufacturer because no one has them. Thanks for the help in advance.
Were you able to fix this. I am getting this error as well.

sark

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all, I'm actively working with the supplier now. We've made some small changes and it has to go back and forth a few times. They are quite busy and have faced shortage issues, so like most manufacturing these days, it's going slower than expected. My apologies. I do not have a good ETA as of today.
Any updates on needles?

harper

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there replacement tubes for the mastertronic stepper pump? I see the a,b, and c listed on brs and Coralview but not the stepper. Is it the same as one of the alkatronic pumps (like alkatronic pump A)? Thanks

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 41 31.3%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.1%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 34 26.0%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 47 35.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.8%
Back