Focustronic bulk replacement parts thread (Mastertronic / Alkatronic / Dosetronic)

OP
OP
M

MikeTheNewbie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking forward to this alternative, I'd rather buy a 100 pack of needles at a reasonable price and forget about buying needles again than having to burn $25 for just 6 needles.
The syringes they include in the pack are just fillers in my opinion, I've compared the ones that came with the Mastertronic against cheap ones I got from Amazon and see no difference.

richiero

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That would be great a second option for getting needles at a normal price not the 3000% markup FT charges.

.21 cents a needle they charge 4 dollars for

Biff0rz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So we've had to move to a custom mold with the manufacturer. Our price will be around $2/needle - this could go down with more volume but our current order volume is very low. When you combine the low order volume plus a mold it adds up. If we had large commitments to more volume we'd be able to reduce the cost. On the plus side, future orders will be cheaper as they will already have the mold and we will pass that down to all of us.

Our first run will be very limited in quantity because we honestly don't know what our demand will be and this is coming out of our pockets (our own risk).

$2 / needle is still way cheaper than FT's option which is about $4/needle...and I agree, the syringes are just filler in their packs.

OP
OP
M

MikeTheNewbie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Check the details on the Amazon option seems that they missed a 0 in the description and the item is actually 500mmx500mm.
I bought that and will confirm its 500x500 once it arrives

richiero

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The DIY silicone septa idea is great but the silicone sheet you are showing is too small, isn't it?.
The DIY silicone septa idea is great but the silicone sheet you are showing is too small, isn't it?.
Yikai 20"x20" 500x500mm 2mm Thicknes Clear Silicone Rubber Sheet Plate Resist Mat High Temp Transparent Heat Resistant Gasket Super Clear Flexible

richiero

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Check the details on the Amazon option seems that they missed a 0 in the description and the item is actually 500mmx500mm.
I bought that and will confirm its 500x500 once it arrives
500x500 doesn’t matter that’s just the size of the whole sheet, 2mm think is the most important the thickness

OP
OP
M

MikeTheNewbie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey @Kermit Frog thanks for sharing! That price for the needles and syringes is definitely more reasonable. I see they sell the septa / membranes too although they look like they wer cut with scissors hehe.
BTW, I got the 2mm silicon sheet and the tool that @robocop1906 suggested and it worked great. Now I have years worth of those things. Thanks everyone for sharing! Don't forget to post here if you find more options.

OP
OP
M

MikeTheNewbie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You got to be kidding me! Coralvue increased the price of the Mastertronic syringes to $28.75. As if the previous price wasnt abusive enough.

sark

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Biff0rz, once you get the syringes, please include me to purchase it bulk

dwest

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How often is everyone changing the in line filter? And any cheap alternatives than the $6.00 ones from CoralVue?
There are definitely lots of options for fuel filters on amazon. But I haven’t tried any yet.

MGarrison

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are definitely lots of options for fuel filters on amazon. But I haven’t tried any yet.
I was looking there. Most have some metal in the filter and not even sure how safe the ones with the fabric would be. I have not seen any close to the all plastic design of the Focustronic ones.

OP
OP
M

MikeTheNewbie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was looking there. Most have some metal in the filter and not even sure how safe the ones with the fabric would be. I have not seen any close to the all plastic design of the Focustronic ones.
My Mastertronic and Alkatronic have been running for 2 months now and I haven't changed the filters so far.
I'd be definitely interested in finding a reasonably priced alternative. Please post your findings.
I checked the user's guide and I couldn't find how often they should be changed.
I guess I would change them if I see stuff growing in it or if I notice a large volume change during the pump calibration procedure.

I looked for similar filters some time ago since I perform continuous water changes with DOS pumps. I ordered some fuel filters following a post I found here but they came with a metallic cap and won't work (the picture didn't show the metalic part).

Biff0rz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
My Mastertronic and Alkatronic have been running for 2 months now and I haven't changed the filters so far.
I'd be definitely interested in finding a reasonably priced alternative. Please post your findings.
I checked the user's guide and I couldn't find how often they should be changed.
I guess I would change them if I see stuff growing in it or if I notice a large volume change during the pump calibration procedure.

I looked for similar filters some time ago since I perform continuous water changes with DOS pumps. I ordered some fuel filters following a post I found here but they came with a metallic cap and won't work (the picture didn't show the metalic part).
6mo is the recommended filter/external hoses/internal pump hoses replacement cycle.

Biff0rz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
One of these is from FT, one is the sample. The sample is ~2mm off so we'll probably ask them to send one more sample round.

What would be very helpful is if you have any retail needles (the ones that came with MT or from CV) and you have a caliper, could you measure the length of your needles and post up the total avg length?

PXL_20211006_193708493.jpg

PXL_20211006_193952707.jpg PXL_20211006_193911765.jpg

Back