Found a cool implement for Hanna

G Santana

Hospitality Elf
View Badges
Reaction score
https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/this-little-pigg
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was looking at some FB threads and people were talking about Hanna testers and one guy had white screw on funnels making it easier to pour in the reagents. I reached out to him and he pointed me in the direction of Granite state aquatics on FB.
I believe that they are $4 a pop, I just sent a message to the page admin awaiting a reply.
FB_IMG_1640969079832.jpg

Karen00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can also use a syringe or pipette. I use a syringe to draw out the correct amount from my tank. There are also tiny funnels for perfume (to refill bottles). I bought a couple years ago for perfume. I might pick up a couple more just to have on hand for reefing. So far the syringe works fine.

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can also use a syringe or pipette. I use a syringe to draw out the correct amount from my tank. There are also tiny funnels for perfume (to refill bottles). I bought a couple years ago for perfume. I might pick up a couple more just to have on hand for reefing. So far the syringe works fine.
I think this is more specific to pouring in the powder reagents.

Karen00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think this is more specific to pouring in the powder reagents.
Oh doh!! Sorry. In that case look for the perfume funnels just to see if they're cheaper although the tube portion might be too small for powder, liquid reagents would be fine. Maybe medical supply companies as well (to see if you can find them cheaper). Obviously for reagents you want a lot of these so you don't cross contaminate.

I wish for liquid reagents they would make a tip you can stick a syringe in. Some of my dog's medication has this. It's a flat top with a hole in the center. You stick the syringe in (no needle) and turn the bottle upside down and draw out what you need. It's so easy!

Karen00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's the type I'm thinking of (this is Amazon Canada so wouldn't be as expensive in the US). I think I saw some with wider bases which might be easier for powders

OP
OP
G Santana

G Santana

Hospitality Elf
View Badges
Reaction score
https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/this-little-pigg
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's the type I'm thinking of (this is Amazon Canada so wouldn't be as expensive in the US). I think I saw some with wider bases which might be easier for powders

I saw those, but as you pointed out, the neck might be a little restrictive.
I also like that the ones I ordered screw on to the bottle allowing stability while you pour in the reagent.

Karen00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I saw those, but as you pointed out, the neck might be a little restrictive.
I also like that the ones I ordered screw on to the bottle allowing stability while you pour in the reagent.
Nice! I guess all my years of baking and using funnels I have no problem keeping the funnels stable. I wouldn't have even thought of that. Haha.

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 26 15.0%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 83 48.0%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 54 31.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 2.9%

Back