Found a Red Reef Max 130D on Craigslist. Advice?

Should I buy?

  • Yes

    Votes: 1 100.0%
  • No

    Votes: 0 0.0%

  • Total voters
    1
  • Poll closed .

MsGloria

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 27, 2020
Messages
2
Reaction score
1
Location
Denver, CO, United States
What state or country do you live in
Colorado
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello!

I'm a complete newbie to the community and hobby, and have been dreaming of having a saltwater tank for awhile now. I have a lot more time on my hands, so I thought now would be a great time to do the necessary research and slowly build up the gear I need before I cycle my first tank.

Do you think this is a good deal? https://washingtondc.craigslist.org...34-gallon-reef-ready-aquarium/7163263499.html

The unit is 8 years old, and it looks like there may be some buildup, but I'm not sure if it is cosmetic or concerning. $250 for a Red Reef system sounds amazing to me, but I wanted to ask people who are more experienced/informed if I should maybe wait for a newer system to pop up.

thanks!

Gloria
 
Looks pretty solid. I would definitely ask for a leak test before pulling the proverbial trigger. Seller shouldn’t object. If they do object that’s a pretty big red flag!
 
When I see clean tanks like that, it’s usually is because it was well cared for.
$250 is a fair price provided it holds water.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new