Four Spot Wrasse

trustmeimalawyer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi. Does anyone have experience with a four spot wrasse? My LFS told me he was completely reef safe but as I am reading more, I am concerned that he may go after my ornamental shrimp. I never ever buy fish without researching but I thought this was a safe enough purchase. I was mainly looking for a wrasse that would address some vertemid snails and feathers dusters (I now know they aren’t even in the coris family but tend to eat these things as well). I have him/her in an acclimation box until I find out more. TIA!

nereefpat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What's the latin name? I'm getting several different Halicheores spp when I google "4 spot wrasse."

If it's H. leucoxanthus, then that's about as safe as you can get with wrasses, outside of fairies and flashers.

OP
OP
T

trustmeimalawyer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, I believe that’s the correct scientific name. I am also reading that while they can be bad for ornamental shrimp, most people find them to be model citizens.

What's the latin name? I'm getting several different Halicheores spp when I google "4 spot wrasse."

If it's H. leucoxanthus, then that's about as safe as you can get with wrasses, outside of fairies and flashers.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 46 35.1%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 28 21.4%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.6%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.6%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 33 25.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back