Foxface eating my zoas?

wtusa1783

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it possible my foxface is eating my zoas? I’ve lost 80% of my zoa frags in the past 2 months. Parameters are stable. Everything else is doing fine but I’m struggling with zoas

Joseph_Pimming#

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it possible my foxface is eating my zoas? I’ve lost 80% of my zoa frags in the past 2 months. Parameters are stable. Everything else is doing fine but I’m struggling with zoas
I have had my foxfacr for over 2 months now and he has never tried to eat my corals(including zoas) I usually feed my fish twice a day so he is well fed.Check your water parameters and you will be good!

Reefdiculous22

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just bought a one spot foxface 2 days ago and I woke up this morning and noticed my Duncan was missing half a tentacle. Later I seen him go up and nip it. Which sucks because I have 2 very nice Zia frags coming tomorrow and now I know he will probably eat them so he’s gonna have to go. I’m watching my tangs eat seaweed right now and he won’t even go near it. He did eat a little frozen food but that’s about it. I’ve read multiple post where they love soft corals mainly Zoas. I’m guessing with that big of a wipe out it’s probably the foxface. Have you noticed any missing chunks out of the zoas like I did with the Duncan?

bnord

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had 2 FF's - on second now - rehomed the first due to size - and because I never once saw it do what he is paid to do.. graze algae. - sat in a cave and waited to be fed - so moved it out and got a second smaller one thinking it would be better at its job.
And it is not grazing at all.

so while I do have occasional closing up of zoas in their gardens, I have not seen mine pinch at corals/zoas - I cannot rule out - mine have just been unexceptional tank members. do not think I will try a third

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 61 38.6%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 35 22.2%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 56 35.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.8%
Back