Fragging Elegance

tdileo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I've been reading a lot into fragging elegance coral since I would like to but it does still make me nervous. I would like to see if anybody here has attempted it, successfully or not.
And if not, what went wrong? I have only been able to find VERY limited info on the subject so any input at all is appreciated.

aresangel

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have heard a bandsaw between mouths/heads/eyes. You will be cutting through a lot of flesh so you want to have iodine tank water on hand to help reduce infection. I agree with Johntdaballa. Why would you want to frag it unless it has over grown/outgrown the area.

OP
OP
tdileo

tdileo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have heard a bandsaw between mouths/heads/eyes. You will be cutting through a lot of flesh so you want to have iodine tank water on hand to help reduce infection. I agree with Johntdaballa. Why would you want to frag it unless it has over grown/outgrown the area.

It's getting too big and is a really rare color. Would like to sell the smaller pieces if I can frag it

aresangel

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When you do frag it document it for us all so we can see how it's done!

coral-boss

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just watched a video on you tube about fragging these. I think it was reefs.com saying the only ones that survive fragging are the Australian ones. ill see if I can find the link and post it

coral-boss

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
doesn't show you how to do it but maybe gives you a little insight on them before you do cut it.

JaimeAdams

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it has a cone base, like an ice cream cone I would not cut it. I have cut those a few times and never had success. The ones that look like a wall euphyllia we frag those and they live just fine. Totally cut between mouths.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 53 31.5%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.6%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 45 26.8%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 56 33.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.8%
Back