Rating - 100%
13   0   0

Lbrdsoxfan

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Consider a tank for the PBT so you can have a peaceful home for other fish. A balance is often a challenge and the PBT gave you warning signs in which they often get worse in behavior before they get better.
This. That PBT is gonna be a terror and they DON'T get better about it.

Lavey29

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As I stated prior, I want you to be successful and happy in the hobby but ask that you take a breath and take a step back and review all that has happened in the past months resulting in fish death, injury, disease, etc... and ask yourself what could I have done better or different to prevent this outcome. We ALL learn things new in this hobby daily, weekly, monthly to help improve our skills in aquaria. If you don't learn something new everyday then you aren't paying attention. I can easily afford sea world size tanks but I don't do it because my skill level hasn't reached that point yet where I'd be comfortable in caring properly for all the inhabitants. Irregardless of what you think of me you owe it to your livestock to DO BETTER and that takes time and knowledge development.

Last edited by a moderator:

sc50964

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tusk “can” be aggressive to reef safe wrasses or small & weak fish. I’ve owned quite a few but it is absolutely a pushover when they are with tangs & angels, or even other fish-only wrasses. IME, they should be one of the first introduced in a semi-aggressive community tank

Lbrdsoxfan

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tusk “can” be aggressive to reef safe wrasses or small & weak fish. I’ve owned quite a few but it is absolutely a pushover when they are with tangs & angels, or even other fish-only wrasses. IME, they should be one of the first introduced in a semi-aggressive community tank
Dont forget cuc, they can be brutal to snails, hermits and the like. I agree tho, the tusk is a pushover to anything that's bigger or a busy tank.

OP
OP
littlefoxx

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dont forget cuc, they can be brutal to snails, hermits and the like. I agree tho, the tusk is a pushover to anything that's bigger or a busy tank.
Gotcha, he is in my 70 right now with my other peaceful fish. Lots of stuff I saw was they were super aggressive. Im planning to keep him in the 70 for a little while I find him a new home since he cant stay in there forever and I know its either my PBT or him in that tank and I just want whats best for him in the end and its not my tank with her in it and Im completely okay with that because I do care about my fish and if getting rid of him is for the best then thats what Ive got to do, I posted on here to help him out because its about him and whats good for his care

Lbrdsoxfan

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In the end you'r going to have aggro issues with introducing that PBT to new fish, be prepared to rehome it. Anything that's looks tang(ish) will be out as it will assume its there to take its territory.

sc50964

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah other than being an absolute terror to CUCs, the only thing that my tusks have even used their scary purple bluish teeth for was a 1” black storm clown…., expensive snack.

OP
OP
littlefoxx

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In the end you'r going to have aggro issues with introducing that PBT to new fish, be prepared to rehome it. Anything that's looks tang(ish) will be out as it will assume its there to take its territory.
Yeah thats fair I would just have to catch her which would be the hardest part of that!

OP
OP
littlefoxx

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will take their input and decide what to do, already doing so. And thank you for the advice but all I ask is just watch your approach in how you give it in the future, not just to me but to others on here as well. And I wish you the same in your tanks as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
littlefoxx

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah other than being an absolute terror to CUCs, the only thing that my tusks have even used their scary purple bluish teeth for was a 1” black storm clown…., expensive snack.
Oh! Yeah expensive snack for sure.

OP
OP
littlefoxx

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ugh I really like her, shes a cool fish. Would putting her in the sump be an option for a new fish to find a place and then putting her back in? She gets along with the current fish! If I have to re home her then I have to though

sc50964

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also read (after he came) that Phillipeans tusks are caught in a rougher manner and thats where he is from so I hope that isnt part of whats going on with him :(
How did he behave in the LFS or was he an online purchase?

OP
OP
littlefoxx

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How did he behave in the LFS or was he an online purchase?
She was online purchase. She was fine when I added the baby yellow tang, purple tang, regal angel and foxface after her. The issue with the tusk what the first real aggression I saw from her besides her picking a fight with my purple and losing. She knows the purple is boss tang

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back