OP
littlefoxx

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As mentioned, I had two that got so bad that I had to replace them with a smaller one. Its hard to manage aggression with a known aggressive fish .
Ah so yours got to aggressive even with all the other tangs??

sc50964

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Their aggression is world renowned. I’m Qting a 7” PBT and it will be the last fish in a 560G tank that is housed mostly with aggressive fish

OP
OP
littlefoxx

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Their aggression is world renowned. I’m Qting a 7” PBT and it will be the last fish in a 560G tank that is housed mostly with aggressive fish
My tank was planned to be semi aggressive to aggressive fish so thats why I got her. And she was 2 inches. Shes almost 3 now. Shes a stunning fish. Ironically best buddies with my regal angelfish!

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Yes. The one I have now is borderline but the Clown and desjardini tang will not put up with him

OP
OP
littlefoxx

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes. The one I have now is borderline but the Clown and desjardini tang will not put up with him
Ah okay. Mine is actually really peaceful with the other fish I have, no bullying. Apparently she really didnt like the tusk for whatever reason. Shes kinda hard to figure out cause thats was the first real display of the aggression I read about, but she had no issue when I put the purple in besides one spat a week later or the yellow tang. She chased the regal out of her cave and now they are completely fine!

OP
OP
littlefoxx

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sad to announce (for me) but also happy to announce (for the tusk) ??? My cousin was willing to take in the tusk. He will be a happy boy in his tank I think. My cousin has all shy fish for the most part so he will fit in well there. :)

OP
OP
littlefoxx

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sad to announce (for me) but also happy to announce (for the tusk) ??? My cousin was willing to take in the tusk. He will be a happy boy in his tank I think. My cousin has all shy fish for the most part so he will fit in well there. :)

OP
OP
littlefoxx

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sad to say the tusk died today. My cousin had a yellow wrasse and a red coris wrasse and said they both immediately attacked the tusk upon introduction and since my cousin has a deep and wide tank vs long he couldnt get to poor guy and found him dead earlier. I feel horrible, my cousin assured me the tusk would be a good fit :(

OP
OP
littlefoxx

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sad to say the tusk died today. My cousin had a yellow wrasse and a red coris wrasse and said they both immediately attacked the tusk upon introduction and since my cousin has a deep and wide tank vs long he couldnt get to poor guy and found him dead earlier. I feel horrible, my cousin assured me the tusk would be a good fit :(
Not a wrasse person, I have Mel my melenarus and thats the only one I have so I had no idea those two would do that cause they are both peaceful with eachother last time I was over at his house

sc50964

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is terrible.

sc50964

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not a wrasse person, I have Mel my melenarus and thats the only one I have so I had no idea those two would do that cause they are both peaceful with eachother last time I was over at his house
…, liveaquaria has a chart. You should consult there and also ask here next time.

OP
OP
littlefoxx

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
…, liveaquaria has a chart. You should consult there and also ask here next time.
See thats ironic considering my cousin is the one who showed me that! The poor tusk, he was doing better in my tank, I should have just kept him :( I feel horrible cause I thought getting him a new home would be good for him and then he told me that happened

OP
OP
littlefoxx

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also for sure will ask next time, especially before I re home a fish to my cousin to make sure his fish are compatible. He doesnt do much research on fish, only if they are reef safe or aggressive or not. Appreciate your help!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 14.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 7.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 78 55.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.4%
Back