Friend, pest, something else?

Hello there again! We are just doing a bit of maintenance on our tank and have found a whole colony of Aiptasias in the overflow chamber. We have some in the main tank from time to time and use AiptasiaX when it's infiltrating other corals but it's mostly under control. The ones in the overflow are obviously not damaging any coral, but I assume spores come off and get into the main tank. Does anyone have any advice on whether we should try to clear out the Aiptasia from the overflow or just leave them be? Thanks in advance
I had them in the display section. Between my use of lemon juice & syringe, Molly Miller Blenny and peppermint shrimp I no longer find them there. I still find them in the back chambers of the AIO and my HOB refugium. They are very difficult to deal with in the AIO, but with my control measures, they don’t spread beyond there.
 
Thank you! That makes a lot of sense - I'm going to leave them be in their happy overflow chamber and we've been planning on getting some filefish for a while. Thanks again!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 7 46.7%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 6.7%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 6.7%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 6.7%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new