Fritz Algae clean out

Spottedfox

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry if this question has come up before...what's anyone's experience with the product 'Fritz Algae Clean Out' for managing green hair algae in your reef tank? The bottle says good for salt water/reef and even fresh water aquarium.

Reef By Steele

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Tell me a little about your tank. I do not know the product, but once bought a bottle of vibrant as I wanted the quick fix on an algae problem and then I read a thread on here about it not being a bacterial product but an algaecide. IMO I decided to take a more natural approach. Most tanks will go through the ugly phase, but it can be lessened by following a few tried and true methods.
Consistent water changes, good filtration and skimming, adding CUC (Clean Up Crew) when appropriate (don’t add so much they starve to death), copepods and amphipods are great for algae control, and dosing live phytoplankton will nourish the pods, plus consume excess nutrients therefore competing against nuisance algae.

There is always a risk to using “chemicals” in an aquarium, and I try to use the most natural solutions.

gbroadbridge

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry if this question has come up before...what's anyone's experience with the product 'Fritz Algae Clean Out' for managing green hair algae in your reef tank? The bottle says good for salt water/reef and even fresh water aquarium.
You really don't want to start down the slippery slope of using Algaecides in your tank.

Algae is a normal part of a reef, you need to manage it using good husbandry and algae eaters rather than looking for a magic potion.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 36 15.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 13.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 133 58.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 7.0%

Back