Frogfish Compatibility

Tihsho

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I've seen these guys over the years and always missed a chance to pick one up. I know they are predatory, but how bad are these little guys? Guessing inverts and slow fish are the main dining targets? If I feed them directly will they leave other fish alone? Working to setup a 20 gallon (for now) with a pair of clowns, a clown goby, bubble tip, some peppermint shrimp and either a cleaner, fire, or coral banded. Wouldn't mind getting one of these guys if they won't eat everything.

Thoughts?

phil121

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Exactly. And there is no such thing as fast enough with these guys. I used to have three.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Hyprviperx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They will eat everything they can fit in their mouths :)
+1
Everything, plus they have the fastest strike in the piscene world so not much can get away. i had a buddy with about 5 of the most beautiful colored anglers and they were the only thing in the tank other than the feeder shrimp.... they were awesome to watch walk along the bottom.

Hyprviperx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yah i was disappointed when i looked into them also... after seeing my friends 85 hex w/ the group of them i really wanted them. then i realized they were a species specific tank... too bad my friend, i feel your pain

CJO

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I've seen these guys over the years and always missed a chance to pick one up. I know they are predatory, but how bad are these little guys? Guessing inverts and slow fish are the main dining targets? If I feed them directly will they leave other fish alone? Working to setup a 20 gallon (for now) with a pair of clowns, a clown goby, bubble tip, some peppermint shrimp and either a cleaner, fire, or coral banded. Wouldn't mind getting one of these guys if they won't eat everything.

Thoughts?

The BTA should be fine :)

CJ

MombasaLionfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Your shrimp will be eaten.

Geebs19

Give me all the Euphyllia
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Your shrimp will be eaten.
The OP posted this 8 years ago haha.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 34 30.4%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 2.7%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 30 26.8%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 40 35.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.5%
Back