OP
OP
gobybryant

gobybryant

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cool tank! I wanted to add sponges too, but I was scared to lose them and poison my tank. A local hobbyist has a photosynthetic plating sponge, which I might snag a piece of, just because I love sponges, and I think this would be a good first step. I have a barebottom tank because it's easier to maintain, but I don't love the look so I may end up changing it eventually. I think macros are a super cool choice for the tank- I only have chaeto, but I don't love the look of that in the tank, so I'm thinking of getting some pom pom gracilaria from algae barn, but they're sold out. I want something that my angler could perch on, but it's tough to find rigid fast-growing algae in my experience.
Love your frog- such a cute little guy. I had a plating sponge from Gulf Coast in the cart yesterday, but decided not to pull the trigger because of it’s origins. Trying to stick to my biotope as long as I can lol

If you live in the states and are looking for a great place for macros, I’d definitely recommend Gulf Coast or KP Aquatics (expensive shipping with KP).

OP
OP
gobybryant

gobybryant

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cool tank! I wanted to add sponges too, but I was scared to lose them and poison my tank. A local hobbyist has a photosynthetic plating sponge, which I might snag a piece of, just because I love sponges, and I think this would be a good first step. I have a barebottom tank because it's easier to maintain, but I don't love the look so I may end up changing it eventually. I think macros are a super cool choice for the tank- I only have chaeto, but I don't love the look of that in the tank, so I'm thinking of getting some pom pom gracilaria from algae barn, but they're sold out. I want something that my angler could perch on, but it's tough to find rigid fast-growing algae in my experience.
I saw your frog even recognizes you, that’s awesome. Haven’t gotten there yet, but hope to soon!

Mr_Knightley

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love your frog- such a cute little guy. I had a plating sponge from Gulf Coast in the cart yesterday, but decided not to pull the trigger because of it’s origins. Trying to stick to my biotope as long as I can lol

If you live in the states and are looking for a great place for macros, I’d definitely recommend Gulf Coast or KP Aquatics (expensive shipping with KP).
Another really great source is Gulf Specimen Marine, they've got a crapload of southern Florida and Caribbean species of both vertebrates and invertebrates. The only downside is that they have a minimum order total of $70, but another great thing is that the shipping is dirt cheap. I've been very happy with my orders from them.

duberii

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Never heard of gulf coast- I'll definitely check them out! I'm no stranger to KP- their live rock is amazing, and I'm dying to set up a tank exclusively for live rock, though I don't have the money (or space) for it. One day...

OP
OP
gobybryant

gobybryant

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Going for an afternoon drive

Attachments

• A6B88625-A188-44DC-ABDC-080734B33C22.jpeg
    A6B88625-A188-44DC-ABDC-080734B33C22.jpeg
    171.2 KB · Views: 66
OP
OP
gobybryant

gobybryant

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welp, my lovely field of caulerpa went sexual about a week ago, so I've been trying to keep things stable since. Did ***** water changes and that did the trick. I've noticed that without macroalgae to outcompete, microalgae has covered my dry rock in less than a week.

Having problems with micro bubbles as well. Every day by mid-afternoon, my remaining caulerpa is covered and it fills the tank. Starting to think that had something to do with my sponge dying off.

OP
OP
gobybryant

gobybryant

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any updates ?

Setting up a WB 35 right now for one.
Hey @sepctra- unfortunately Nugg passed about a month ago. I'm not really sure why- just stopped eating one day. Parameters were fine too. They're my favorite fish, but it just seems like they don't do particularly well in captivity. Did you set up your WB 35?

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 127 88.2%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.1%
Back