Frogspawn?

Notsolostfish

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 21, 2014
Messages
2,966
Reaction score
801
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I noticed that 2 hours before the lights goes off in my tank, my frogspawn deflates. And gets smaller. Is that normal behavior? I notices it now more frequent that everytime before the lights goess off an hour or two before. My frogspawn gets smaller and deflates.
 
Is it inflating during the day and just deflating at night/as lights ramp down?

If so, it’s perfectly normal. It’s just winding down for the day and ready to tuck in to go to bed.
 
Is it inflating during the day and just deflating at night/as lights ramp down?

If so, it’s perfectly normal. It’s just winding down for the day and ready to tuck in to go to bed.
Its inflating during the day. But my lights goes off at 3:00 PM right? It starts deflating at 1:00 and the lights will be still going not ramping down is that still normal?
 
Yeah, still sounds pretty normal to me. Corals have an internal clock, for a lack of better terms. And it just knows bedtime is coming soon.

Out of curiosity, why do your lights go off so early in the day? At least where I’m at (east coast USA) the sun is still up for several more hours at 3:00.
 
Yeah, still sounds pretty normal to me. Corals have an internal clock, for a lack of better terms. And it just knows bedtime is coming soon.

Out of curiosity, why do your lights go off so early in the day? At least where I’m at (east coast USA) the sun is still up for several more hours at 3:00.
I use radions profile AB+ and it has 7:00 am to 3:00 PM time. I work from home so i like to have to my tank lights up with me. And at the same time i dont want more than 8 hours a day of full intensity. I use radions not sure how do I increase the light hours without intensity still learning.
 
Last edited:

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 8 5.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 6.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 56 35.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.1%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new