Frogspawn?

Notsolostfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I noticed that 2 hours before the lights goes off in my tank, my frogspawn deflates. And gets smaller. Is that normal behavior? I notices it now more frequent that everytime before the lights goess off an hour or two before. My frogspawn gets smaller and deflates.

jkcoral

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it inflating during the day and just deflating at night/as lights ramp down?

If so, it’s perfectly normal. It’s just winding down for the day and ready to tuck in to go to bed.

OP
OP
Notsolostfish

Notsolostfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it inflating during the day and just deflating at night/as lights ramp down?

If so, it’s perfectly normal. It’s just winding down for the day and ready to tuck in to go to bed.
Its inflating during the day. But my lights goes off at 3:00 PM right? It starts deflating at 1:00 and the lights will be still going not ramping down is that still normal?

jkcoral

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, still sounds pretty normal to me. Corals have an internal clock, for a lack of better terms. And it just knows bedtime is coming soon.

Out of curiosity, why do your lights go off so early in the day? At least where I’m at (east coast USA) the sun is still up for several more hours at 3:00.

OP
OP
Notsolostfish

Notsolostfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, still sounds pretty normal to me. Corals have an internal clock, for a lack of better terms. And it just knows bedtime is coming soon.

Out of curiosity, why do your lights go off so early in the day? At least where I’m at (east coast USA) the sun is still up for several more hours at 3:00.
I use radions profile AB+ and it has 7:00 am to 3:00 PM time. I work from home so i like to have to my tank lights up with me. And at the same time i dont want more than 8 hours a day of full intensity. I use radions not sure how do I increase the light hours without intensity still learning.

Last edited:

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 27 15.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 24 13.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 99 56.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.9%
Back