From good to bad ?

TxReefer21

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So my lobo brain has been fantastic and beautiful as ever did a water change and added new bag of carbon and just over night lobo is showing spikes and tissue problems. Should I dirty up tank? This happened Sunday night and it’s looking a little better but still showing spikes. Alk an ca are in check salinity and temp are on point placed at bottom of tank low flow lower lighting I guess just let it ride out and continue what I would normally do? I don’t have a current pic of how it is but my guess is I ran tank to clean got rid of good nutrients and having clearer water it got burned an didn’t like that so I do have lights off now

A92E4F66-63CC-43FC-98E0-2FA4106F76BB.jpeg

DinoMagnet

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So my lobo brain has been fantastic and beautiful as ever did a water change and added new bag of carbon and just over night lobo is showing spikes and tissue problems. Should I dirty up tank? This happened Sunday night and it’s looking a little better but still showing spikes. Alk an ca are in check salinity and temp are on point placed at bottom of tank low flow lower lighting I guess just let it ride out and continue what I would normally do? I don’t have a current pic of how it is but my guess is I ran tank to clean got rid of good nutrients and having clearer water it got burned an didn’t like that so I do have lights off now

A92E4F66-63CC-43FC-98E0-2FA4106F76BB.jpeg
Do you have any shrimps that can bother it? I had a beautiful long tentacle plate that my pep shrimps destroyed rather quickly by taking food out of it.

OP
OP
TxReefer21

TxReefer21

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have any shrimps that can bother it? I had a beautiful long tentacle plate that my pep shrimps destroyed rather quickly by taking food out of it.
I don’t have any shrimp knowing they will eat coral they have ate my hammers in the past

OP
OP
TxReefer21

TxReefer21

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This may be a dumb question, but what you mean that it's "showing spikes"?
I would have said skeleton but it wasn’t shown as that. It looked like a kid with spiked hair it or like one of those spiked starfish lol it was ugly but it’s bounced back since then I absolutely love this coral and it’s pretty big so I was worried. I’ll keep my eye on it

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 99 88.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%
Back