From good to bad ?

TxReefer21

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 17, 2021
Messages
754
Reaction score
416
Location
Dallas, Tx
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So my lobo brain has been fantastic and beautiful as ever did a water change and added new bag of carbon and just over night lobo is showing spikes and tissue problems. Should I dirty up tank? This happened Sunday night and it’s looking a little better but still showing spikes. Alk an ca are in check salinity and temp are on point placed at bottom of tank low flow lower lighting I guess just let it ride out and continue what I would normally do? I don’t have a current pic of how it is but my guess is I ran tank to clean got rid of good nutrients and having clearer water it got burned an didn’t like that so I do have lights off now

A92E4F66-63CC-43FC-98E0-2FA4106F76BB.jpeg
 
So my lobo brain has been fantastic and beautiful as ever did a water change and added new bag of carbon and just over night lobo is showing spikes and tissue problems. Should I dirty up tank? This happened Sunday night and it’s looking a little better but still showing spikes. Alk an ca are in check salinity and temp are on point placed at bottom of tank low flow lower lighting I guess just let it ride out and continue what I would normally do? I don’t have a current pic of how it is but my guess is I ran tank to clean got rid of good nutrients and having clearer water it got burned an didn’t like that so I do have lights off now

A92E4F66-63CC-43FC-98E0-2FA4106F76BB.jpeg
Do you have any shrimps that can bother it? I had a beautiful long tentacle plate that my pep shrimps destroyed rather quickly by taking food out of it.
 
Do you have any shrimps that can bother it? I had a beautiful long tentacle plate that my pep shrimps destroyed rather quickly by taking food out of it.
I don’t have any shrimp knowing they will eat coral they have ate my hammers in the past
 
This may be a dumb question, but what you mean that it's "showing spikes"?
I would have said skeleton but it wasn’t shown as that. It looked like a kid with spiked hair it or like one of those spiked starfish lol it was ugly but it’s bounced back since then I absolutely love this coral and it’s pretty big so I was worried. I’ll keep my eye on it
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 7 4.6%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 52 34.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 7.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 23 15.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new