From soft plumbing to hard

JumpingFlea

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I am planning to change my plumbing from a herbie overflow without the emergency drain with soft plumbing to a bean animal drain with hard plumbing. The tank has an internal overflow with two 3/4” holes and a single 1 1/2” hole in between the two. I want the middle hole (1 1/2”) for the durso drain and the other two for the herbie drain and emergency drain (3/4”). At the end it all (beside the emergency drain) connects to the fleece roller that has a 1” pvc pipe connected to it.
The problem is how to reduce the 1 1/2” to 1” and 3/4” to 1” and connect it to a single pvc pipe to the roller.
4314A249-10D0-4E54-89D3-2286144C4B77.jpeg

This is what I’m going for. I was thinking of using thread x pvc and some how reducing it using a coupling without using so many different sized pvc pipes.

Suggestions?

lapin

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I understand the wanting to have the main and secondary connected into 1 pipe but you might have issues adjusting it to become silent and stable

OP
OP
JumpingFlea

JumpingFlea

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Ok I think I will stick with the single drain pipe. Would it be better to stick with the soft plumbing? I’m not the biggest fan of seeing the algae growth inside of it. Also if I change it would it cause a mini cycle because maybe bacteria colonized in there?

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 99 88.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%
Back