OP
Fudsey

Fudsey

Jack of all trades, Master of none ;-)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Strange, did tests today and my dkH went down by almost 3 points. 6 days ago it tested 9.52 Hanna, today with new reagent I got 6.94. My test has never been that low with the old bottle of reagent. I am now wondering if the old bottle was no longer viable and was giving bad results. the tests were always consistent but always over 9.

Got the PO4 up to .071 without GFO or GAC running
Nitrate - 5
dkH - 6.94
Cal - 475
Mag - 1480
pH - 8.0

I wonder if the Monti's problem was low alk all along? Posting in that thread to see.

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
Fudsey

Fudsey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just a quick update. Corals look basically the same as do the fish. One good thing to note. I added a dozen snails and in less than 2 days my rock looks FANTASTIC ! ! ! Not sure if it was totally them or just the beginning of the end of the ugly phase.

Was a crazy day and I am beat so no pics today. I will take a couple tomorrow and update with them. :)

Husker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm a little behind, but your PAR looks just fine to me for what you have in there. I wouldn't worry about the birds nest getting thicker before getting longer. I think you are right about the high flow potentially causing that, but if it looks good I would keep it. It will grow out.

Is the green branching frag "Hydnophora"? If so, they can have a potent sting for SPS so keep an eye out for that.

OP
OP
Fudsey

Fudsey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Husker It could be... Not really sure.

Birds nest is looking a little worse the last couple days. Not sure but I think stn is happening in some of the branch forks....

OP
OP
Fudsey

Fudsey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Couple more pics from today
GSP:
GSP2.jpg

Monti ?
Monti2.jpg

CatsPaw
PCP2.jpg

Zoa10.jpg

Bird's Nest.... STN happening???
Birdnest5.jpg

Also got some Bryopsis that is coming back. Guess time for 2nd round of fluconozole

bryopsis1.jpg

mcarroll

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't see many folks (in fact none that I recall) trying other things or correcting husbandry issues, etc, when their tank gets bryopsis.

Judging from the big bryopsis thread, most folks just seem to keep re-treating the tank with meds and hoping for results. Maybe folks outside that thread are trying other things I hope. ;)

Have you tried anything else yet? Depending on your answer I may have some ideas. :)

OP
OP
Fudsey

Fudsey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@mcarroll No I have not, I just started another fluconozole treatment 2 days ago because I had it. I am about ready to pull the piece of rock out and clean it by hand if this doesn't work. It is only on this one rock and a couple frags of Monti cap? I did lightly scrub the frags with a toothbrush but it still came back on them as well.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

mcarroll

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@mcarroll No I have not, I just started another fluconozole treatment 2 days ago because I had it. I am about ready to pull the piece of rock out and clean it by hand if this doesn't work. It is only on this one rock and a couple frags of Monti cap? I did lightly scrub the frags with a toothbrush but it still came back on them as well.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

I always seem to catch folks two days too late to try something different......meds are literally too easy. Dang! :D

PM or mention me again when the meds are out of the system and (if needed) we'll get cracking!

(I'd use large water changes for removal BTW. It's very doubtful that other ways like activated carbon are very effective.)

OP
OP
Fudsey

Fudsey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I always seem to catch folks two days too late to try something different......meds are literally too easy. Dang! :D

PM or mention me again when the meds are out of the system and (if needed) we'll get cracking!

(I'd use large water changes for removal BTW. It's very doubtful that other ways like activated carbon are very effective.)

Will do thanks ! ! !

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 16 17.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 4 4.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 16 17.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 47 51.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 8.8%
Back