Full Jebao Tank

Koh23

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And on what u base that jebao is "crap"?

Every single piece of equipment that i have, or know who have it, works without single problem.

Oldest things still kicking as first day are dosing pump, and wp-60 wavemaker, purchased 2011-2012, and used since, with no pausing, 24/7/365.

That is 10 years....

I had full bucket of various sicce, hydor, tunze etc pumps that fails in short time, surely shorter than 10 years.....

Or i'm i only lucky man on earth that have only quality and durable item jebao ever produced..... ;)

Lbrdsoxfan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ohh and they are literally the only smart device I have yet to encounter that will not actually work on 5ghz/2.4ghz access points. Sure they all say they only work on 2.4ghz WiFi networks but every single smart device I have ever tried will still connect as long as the WiFi access point is smart enough to see that a system only supports 2.4 and it only offers 2.4 to that device. This has been standard on APs for like 5+ years. Not Jeabo devices. None of them would work. I specifically went out and bought a 2.4ghz only AP as a second AP on my network just so I could get the Jeabo devices online only to find out their app is so bad I wish I never did it. Seriously their App has completely turned me off Jeabo. I think at this point the only devices of theirs I will use going forward is their DCP return pumps.
I'm currently using a scp 120m on a dual 5ghz/2.4ghz mesh network (that's a few years old) with no reinvention of the wheel. Didn't change or isolate anything to make it work either.

The gyre setup with my wifi with no issues. I agree the app is a half of step above hot garbage, but I knew that going in and at the price point, I was willing to roll the dice. No one offers a gyre anywhere near that price with wifi functionality and at triple the price there is still complaints of gyres failing, crummy controls or just loud and poor parts availability.

Billys_reef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ohh and they are literally the only smart device I have yet to encounter that will not actually work on 5ghz/2.4ghz access points. Sure they all say they only work on 2.4ghz WiFi networks but every single smart device I have ever tried will still connect as long as the WiFi access point is smart enough to see that a system only supports 2.4 and it only offers 2.4 to that device. This has been standard on APs for like 5+ years. Not Jeabo devices. None of them would work. I specifically went out and bought a 2.4ghz only AP as a second AP on my network just so I could get the Jeabo devices online only to find out their app is so bad I wish I never did it. Seriously their App has completely turned me off Jeabo. I think at this point the only devices of theirs I will use going forward is their DCP return pumps.

I agree that the app is not the best out there BUT if they hire a better dev team and put more time in the app then the price will go up which may be a turn off to others.

cdnco2004

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree that the app is not the best out there BUT if they hire a better dev team and put more time in the app then the price will go up which may be a turn off to others.
I am sorry but your entire argument can be dispelled by mentioning one single company.... Wyze.... They did exactly what Jebao did. Copy products made by other manufactures and then sell them much cheaper. They did it and made a good app to control the devices. Their app is not perfect and I have a few complaints but it is still 1000 times better then the crappy Jebao pump app. No point to making a cheap product if most of its features are not useable.

cdnco2004

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And on what u base that jebao is "crap"?

Every single piece of equipment that i have, or know who have it, works without single problem.

Oldest things still kicking as first day are dosing pump, and wp-60 wavemaker, purchased 2011-2012, and used since, with no pausing, 24/7/365.

That is 10 years....

I had full bucket of various sicce, hydor, tunze etc pumps that fails in short time, surely shorter than 10 years.....

Or i'm i only lucky man on earth that have only quality and durable item jebao ever produced..... ;)
Read everything I said. I explain why I think they are Crap.

cdnco2004

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm currently using a scp 120m on a dual 5ghz/2.4ghz mesh network (that's a few years old) with no reinvention of the wheel. Didn't change or isolate anything to make it work either.

The gyre setup with my wifi with no issues. I agree the app is a half of step above hot garbage, but I knew that going in and at the price point, I was willing to roll the dice. No one offers a gyre anywhere near that price with wifi functionality and at triple the price there is still complaints of gyres failing, crummy controls or just loud and poor parts availability.
I have 5 different SCP and MCP WiFi enabled Jebao pumps. I tried them with two of the top Wifi APs on the Market. Google Nest Wifi and Netgears Orbi. None of the 4 would connect. My only option was to run the controllers in AP mode and not joined to Wifi. Which means, no remote control. So the only way I could get any of the 5 to work was to get a dedicated 2.4ghz AP. I have read lots and lots of forum posts and Amazon reviews documenting this very fact.

cdnco2004

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Their Dosing pumps use the same dang crappy App. No way I would trust something so important to that.

Billys_reef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am sorry but your entire argument can be dispelled by mentioning one single company.... Wyze.... They did exactly what Jebao did. Copy products made by other manufactures and then sell them much cheaper. They did it and made a good app to control the devices. Their app is not perfect and I have a few complaints but it is still 1000 times better then the crappy Jebao pump app. No point to making a cheap product if most of its features are not useable.

When Wyze first came out, their app also was very clunky. As the years go by, they have been improving more and more with many software updates. This is in line with their pricing as it is getting more expensive.

zheka757

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i actually came hear to say, i actually enjoyed setting jebao app for wifi cross flow pumps, over a year into it, program had no interruptions, pumps still work.

mlivvy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My L1 return pump was super loud. I thought maybe it had an issue and bought a "cheap" jebao dcw pump as a backup while the L1 gets looked at by ecotech. The jebao was dead silent. I couldn't believe it. It's been almost 2 years. :D

xCry0x

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 5 different SCP and MCP WiFi enabled Jebao pumps. I tried them with two of the top Wifi APs on the Market. Google Nest Wifi and Netgears Orbi. None of the 4 would connect. My only option was to run the controllers in AP mode and not joined to Wifi. Which means, no remote control. So the only way I could get any of the 5 to work was to get a dedicated 2.4ghz AP. I have read lots and lots of forum posts and Amazon reviews documenting this very fact.

You just need to stand somewhere that your connection flips to 2.4 ghz.

I have a bathroom in my house that is behind enough walls and far enough from my Google WiFi APs that my connection flips to 2.4.

Can also walk into my front yard.

You connect once and don't have to do it again.

So yes it's annoying and it should support 5 ghz but it's also not an impossible or really hugely problematic solution.

xCry0x

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had their dc return pumps for years. Love them, they are silent.

Use a small jebao return pump on my reactor, love it since I can turn down the flow as opposed to using a ball valve.. Ball valve on a traditional pump creates a lot of head pressure and usually means a noisy pump.

I've also used many versions of their powerheads over the past 10 years.

No issues with them. I have two mlw-30s right now which are the nero-5 alternatives.

Only complaint on those is I really wish the WiFi app allowed my to control the flow max on random flow mode. I also wish I could do a full scheduled mode while also in master/slave mode. Things like that I'd hoped they would have fixed or updated over the past year I've had the pumps.

Also have had a jebao doser for 6 years without issue.

The perception that it is cheap and breaks a lot is nonsense to me.. I've had the return pumps going for 5 years without any issue.

Heck. I could buy a maxspect gyre for 3x the cost.. and maxspect is a DBA for a Chinese company.

Guangzhou Maiguang Electronic Science Technology Co., Ltd., d.b.a. Maxspect (hereinafter “Maxspect”)

Beefyreefy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I’ve been running all jebao wavemakers, return pumps, pond UV, and doser for 5 plus years. Tge wave makers are phenomenal, and are about 5 years old. The return pumps and dosers last like 2 years. Given the cost of the name brand companies it would let you run your tank for over 10 years before you get to the price of ecotech. Plus who’s to say, the fancy stuff would last that long anyways? I also run viparspectra lights and t5 with phenomenal results. You definitely don’t “need” the pricey stuff.
A99E839F-0C07-4CD0-893F-E5B2E3C93B6A.jpeg

Stoney

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I’ve been running all jebao wavemakers, return pumps, pond UV, and doser for 5 plus years. Tge wave makers are phenomenal, and are about 5 years old. The return pumps and dosers last like 2 years. Given the cost of the name brand companies it would let you run your tank for over 10 years before you get to the price of ecotech. Plus who’s to say, the fancy stuff would last that long anyways? I also run viparspectra lights and t5 with phenomenal results. You definitely don’t “need” the pricey stuff.
A99E839F-0C07-4CD0-893F-E5B2E3C93B6A.jpeg

Nice tank, how did the dosers end up failing?

Beefyreefy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Nice tank, how did the dosers end up failing?
Lack of maintenance basically, as it next to my basement sump and gets wet from time to time. Plus I run way over a gallon of kalk saturated water through it every day and it’s really hard on the tubing in the doser head, not to mention it’s just a ton of work everyday for the motor. It’s so cheap I look at it like a consumable and have a habit of not taking care of it.

Dave Dumanski

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've recently purchased the Jebao MDC-6000 return pump and MCP-120 gyres wavemaker for my IM 75 didn't have any issues setting it up to my WiFi but I do have my 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz separated on my AP. I did have to following the AP setup instructions that they provided in order to get it to connect to the app properly.

NefariousPillow

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
While I can't comment on lights and return pumps, I've had the Jebao wavemaker for a while and it's worked out fine for me; perhaps even a bit too strong in my 125 gallon at the lowest setting. I just ordered the doser off Amazon.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 73 37.6%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 66 34.0%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 12.9%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back