Full Jebao Tank

thejacgues

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jebaco DCP pumps are used in coral farms and reef aquarium stores here in Warsaw, Poland.
Haven't seen a word of complaint regarding them. I use Jebao circulation pumps for years and so far I am very happy with them. In my next tank, I am going to surely get a return pump, circulators, and possibly a dosing pump from Jebao, too. Jebao proves that you can get quite decent and reliable equipment for a reasonable price, whereas most of the reef aquarium stuff on the market seems to be heavily overpriced.

Rmckoy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have many of their pumps from wave makers , dosing pump , even use a dc pump for the skimmer and return pump .
I really like their cross flow pumps

Lbrdsoxfan

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Someone finally said it …..

I can see this thread going south fast
The fanboys will be here soon. They smell blood...

I'm on the jebao train with return pumps, gyres and powerheads.

BTDT with Ecotech, AI and Neptune when it comes to powerheads & return pumps.

Lbrdsoxfan

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wait till jeabo comes up with a version of apex .
I might Consider a controller depending on the price
I am using one of the wifi controller gyres, the changlish wasn't too terrible, during setup. IDK if I'm there with a tank controller, prolly will need to know mandarin first :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:.

cdnco2004

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
More people recommended the Jebao return pump to me than any other brand. Its dead silent.
I have a Jeabo return pump on my 75gallon. It is quiet and runs great.
If the rest of jebao’s stuff is as noisy as the one gyre I have than I can imagine that tank sounding like a factory floor!
I have 2 Jebao gyre pumps. 1 is quiet, the other is loud. But honestly my EcoTech MP10 is louder then the one Jeabo gyre that is loud.
Seems all there WM's are a little loud. I have two of the slw-5 and you can hear them pretty well but they are great for a nano tank/QT tank.

I have there WM's, return pumps and dosers and will say there return pumps are unbelievably quiet and push a lot of water.

The dosers are a pain to use. No log feature to know if it even dosed, The app is trash and it only has one speed for dosing. Again its a decent addition for a nano style tank but no way i would put it on my 90. I actually have a db4 just sitting with the extra spare parts as i really don't trust the thing. But have a jebao 2.4 wifi on my nano to dose nitro and phos.
OMG the app is complete ****. Like horid. I was considering doing more Jeabo equipment as the Gyre I got were all WiFi version. But the app is so freaking bad. So so bad. Like the worst Smart Phone App smart device control app I have ever used. Nothing on it works right. Even trying to set slave and master settings on the Gyre pumps does not work correctly. When you put a pump in slave mode it will not match its power settings to the master. Slave pumps get a static power setting. Oh and you can't program them for ****. The only way the program feature works is when the pump is in a master/slave status and then you can set a schedule, but it only works on the master pump. The slave will not change its settings to match. Also if you are using the schedule you can no longer use Feed Mode. It is completely disabled.

From what I have observed first hand, they have great hardware design engineers but they have the worst software design engineers ever. And thats saying a lot with how many crappy Chinese apps there are out there.

cdnco2004

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ohh and they are literally the only smart device I have yet to encounter that will not actually work on 5ghz/2.4ghz access points. Sure they all say they only work on 2.4ghz WiFi networks but every single smart device I have ever tried will still connect as long as the WiFi access point is smart enough to see that a system only supports 2.4 and it only offers 2.4 to that device. This has been standard on APs for like 5+ years. Not Jeabo devices. None of them would work. I specifically went out and bought a 2.4ghz only AP as a second AP on my network just so I could get the Jeabo devices online only to find out their app is so bad I wish I never did it. Seriously their App has completely turned me off Jeabo. I think at this point the only devices of theirs I will use going forward is their DCP return pumps.

doubleshot00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Jeabo return pump on my 75gallon. It is quiet and runs great.

I have 2 Jebao gyre pumps. 1 is quiet, the other is loud. But honestly my EcoTech MP10 is louder then the one Jeabo gyre that is loud.

OMG the app is complete ****. Like horid. I was considering doing more Jeabo equipment as the Gyre I got were all WiFi version. But the app is so freaking bad. So so bad. Like the worst Smart Phone App smart device control app I have ever used. Nothing on it works right. Even trying to set slave and master settings on the Gyre pumps does not work correctly. When you put a pump in slave mode it will not match its power settings to the master. Slave pumps get a static power setting. Oh and you can't program them for ****. The only way the program feature works is when the pump is in a master/slave status and then you can set a schedule, but it only works on the master pump. The slave will not change its settings to match. Also if you are using the schedule you can no longer use Feed Mode. It is completely disabled.

From what I have observed first hand, they have great hardware design engineers but they have the worst software design engineers ever. And thats saying a lot with how many crappy Chinese apps there are out there.
I’ll look into it .
I haven’t looked online in awhile . I have found a lfs that started carrying their pumps a few years ago
Wow that website is just as bad as there app :face-with-tears-of-joy:

cdnco2004

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I went and looked at the website yesterday as well and man its bad. Stuff like that always makes me question purchasing their services/devices in the future.

Lbrdsoxfan

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I went and looked at the website yesterday as well and man its bad. Stuff like that always makes me question purchasing their services/devices in the future.
Meh, if someone that actually spoke English as a first language designed the website and marketed the product well, it wouldn't make a difference to anyone. The product would be looked at in the same light as many other brands :thinking-face:.

cdnco2004

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Meh, if someone that actually spoke English as a first language designed the website and marketed the product well, it wouldn't make a difference to anyone. The product would be looked at in the same light as many other brands :thinking-face:.
Correct I don't care how good the marketing is, if the product is just as bad as the marketing then I still wont support them. As I said, at this point the only thing I could see getting from them is "dumb" return pumps. I wont use any of their wave pumps anymore since they are only good if you have a single pump in the tank running on its own from the physical controller. Once you have to do anything with the app, its just so bad that it makes the product all but worthless to me. I can't see considering anything beyond the return pumps until after I hear they completely redesigned the App and got competent designers to do the work. Small tanks that only need one single pump besides the return, I would consider it. But nothing that requires two or more pumps.

cdnco2004

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good as any products..

Only real difference is money put into marketing....
Umm dev money is so much more important than marketing. If your product is crap its crap, marketing won't change that. They just happen to suck at both.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 23 41.8%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 12 21.8%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 19 34.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.8%
Back