Full Jebao Tank

Aaron75

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just for fun and discussion purposes... let's say in theory, I created a new tank using only Jebao equipment, how would I feel about that decision in the future? We are talking, Jebao lights, jebao doser, Jebao WaveMakers, Jebao return pump and Jebao (coral box?) Skimmer. Essentially it would be all Jebao except actual tank and sump. What are your thoughts?

Uncle99

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just for fun and discussion purposes... let's say in theory, I created a new tank using only Jebao equipment, how would I feel about that decision in the future? We are talking, Jebao lights, jebao doser, Jebao WaveMakers, Jebao return pump and Jebao (coral box?) Skimmer. Essentially it would be all Jebao except actual tank and sump. What are your thoughts?
I have them all….5 years running and very happy….
ABD6238B-9783-454A-A5C0-D0E51A7D9148.jpeg

DrMMI

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been running jebao return pump, wave makers, gyres, and jebao pumps on my uv and chiller. Everything has been working great with no issues. I also had viparspectra lights that were doing great, but just purchased a set of Sky's during the sale.

Billys_reef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Running a tank with jebao gyres, wavemakers, doser, and return pump. All are running fine for the past few years. You may not get all the bells and whistles that high end equipment has but for the price, it can't be beat. I've never tried the jebao lights but have tried other chinese black boxes. IMO, any led lights will work well for corals nowadays but you just may not get the spread and par evenness that other high end lights may have. Having multiple led fixtures and hanging them up higher 18"+ off the water will reduce that hotspot in the middle of the tank.

firechild

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a jebao return pump and it's great, will buy another for my upcoming frag tank. Also love the gyre, have had no issues with it, completely silent. However, I have a couple of the SLW-30 wavemakers and they are junk. Not that they don't work well, but the magnets don't even hold on 8mm glass.

Uncle99

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have the lights? I was looking at the AL-200 and I cannot find any info on them anywhere.
Nope, Visparspectra 165w and T5. Just the stuff that moves water and the UV, however the “green machine” HOB UV was easier to employ and did a great job as well.

I only run UV to clear waters, then off.

Kodski

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been running jebao powerheads now for a while and I really like them as well. I personally haven't had any fail me. I would definitely consider running a "jebao" tank, but when it comes to return pumps, I would run two just incase one fails. Or at the very least, have a backup on hand. Its not that I don't trust the brand, its just that I don't trust it as much as my Sicce pump.

Derrick0580

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If the rest of jebao’s stuff is as noisy as the one gyre I have than I can imagine that tank sounding like a factory floor!

doubleshot00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I find that the gyre's are in fact a little noisy but that they quite down after being in the tank for a week.
Seems all there WM's are a little loud. I have two of the slw-5 and you can hear them pretty well but they are great for a nano tank/QT tank.

I have there WM's, return pumps and dosers and will say there return pumps are unbelievably quiet and push a lot of water.

The dosers are a pain to use. No log feature to know if it even dosed, The app is trash and it only has one speed for dosing. Again its a decent addition for a nano style tank but no way i would put it on my 90. I actually have a db4 just sitting with the extra spare parts as i really don't trust the thing. But have a jebao 2.4 wifi on my nano to dose nitro and phos.

LeftyReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have several Jebao wavemakers, all SOW models, all are dead silent and never had an issue with any of them.
I also have a Jebao 2.4 wifi doser. Never had an issue with it, but agree with @doubleshot00 above that the doser app is trash. it works, but is very, very limited.

Rmckoy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did not know jeabo made lights .
but …. I am a happy with t5’s
I don’t think I would have changed if I knew about them

OP
OP
Aaron75

Aaron75

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did not know jeabo made lights .
but …. I am a happy with t5’s
I don’t think I would have changed if I knew about them
Yep, they have a few different lines but the ones I'm interested in are the Jebao AL-150/AL-200. Info on em are very limited but they look like knock-off Hydra's.

OP
OP
Aaron75

Aaron75

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didn't know they made lights, honestly.
I didn't either until I went to the Jebao website. The ones that peaked my interest are AL-150's, they look like knock-off Hydra's but I think I'd rather go Noopsyche purely for amount of info available.

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Like mentioned by several others I had no idea they had lights. Otherwise I would be fine with a tank with all Jebao equipment. The only thing I’d be a little uncomfortable with is the doser. I try to avoid going too cheap on equipment that if it failed could quickly crash my tank.

Rmckoy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didn't either until I went to the Jebao website. The ones that peaked my interest are AL-150's, they look like knock-off Hydra's but I think I'd rather go Noopsyche purely for amount of info available.
When you say jeabo website . What site ?
The only site I knew about was fishstreet.com

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.7%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 42 36.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 30.4%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 27 23.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back