Full Method Triton sump

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Oberst Oswald

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anybody know who makes a quality Triton sump 30"x 14" x16"? I'm using a Eshopp's R200 now, which is working fine with full method, but wanting a DC pump (Ecotech) with adjustable flow is causing a problem because of space issues. I never see sumps for sale from manufacturers that say "This is the Perfect Full Triton Method Sump". Either custom or DIY. A 20 gallon long tank is smaller than I have now so I don't want to go DIY route. If not I'll copy d2mini's sump to my size.

OP
OP
Oberst Oswald

Oberst Oswald

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for reply. Would buy it in a minute but it is too big to fit under my 65 gallon tank.

Greybeard

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Triton, while not _new_ exactly, hasn't really caught on here in the US. Yet. I expect, with the new Triton test facility opening in CA, BRS carrying Triton stuff, and all the reefers (myself included) that are jumping on the bandwagon, that may change. For right now, either DIY, or custom ordered is going to be about all you're going to find.

I converted a 55g tank to a Triton design sump. Worked out pretty good, so far. I went tall for the refugeum section, and had some serious waterfall noise over the baffle. A few 1/2" holes drilled through the baffle, below normal water level in the skimmer section, helped immensely. Nice thing about a 55g tank... a 24" T5 fixture fits perfectly :) I picked up a 2x24w T5 light with daylight bulbs from Amazon for a reasonable price. Should be sufficient for whatever I want to grow in there.

OP
OP
Oberst Oswald

Oberst Oswald

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In the Eshopp's R200 I have there is a large 1st chamber that is used for a 7" filter sock. Again I'm going to try without the sock and fill the area with more rock rubble (have some rubble & sock in there now) and place a full spectrum light I have left over from a Nano tank over it. Might throw some softies in it or just see what grows.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 22 29.7%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 27 36.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 25.7%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.4%
Back