Full Steam Ahead 75 Gallon Build

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well sense I mentioned testing I am finally getting organized, Instead of having 3 different cardboard boxes I finally found something to condece everything. Now I just carry it in the house leave the open and work out of it.

20180815_120333.jpg

20180815_120302.jpg

20180815_120250.jpg
Great idea

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
siggy

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Things are starting to look up, sense I have been dosing Neo-nitro Corals and colors have improved and Phosphates are dropping. I removed the rocks worst affected by Bubble algae added Rowa 125ml, and now have 4 that I know of emerald crabs, they have grown from the pea sized I bought 2 months ago. I picked up some Tonga branch and Fuji rock from my LFS that he bleached and dried so I acid washed that and the rock i pulled. The new rock on the far left is 3 pieces i cemented together using Nyos cement, a 500ml container set me back $25 :mad: but it is better than epoxy. I found Aquaforest has 1500ml for the same price so I ordered it and will compaire the two. That nyos cures fast like 2 minuts (too fast) It mentions adding citric acid to slow the cure, so I tried lemon juice :D and it worked...too good :eek: and a hour or so later it was solid, that is the tonga with the added shelf rock on the right. I still have to mount the frags now that I have the room.

20180818_192929 (1).jpg

20180821_203144.jpg

OP
OP
siggy

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I scheduled this work knowing that I had a delivery from Live aquaria that normally delivers before 11Am but its 5:30 and the box shows up from Ups and its warm :mad: so I open it and the inside is hot!:mad::mad:
I first think its a heat pack..feels like one but it says ice so I hurry and get the bag out and its cloudy:mad::mad::mad: So I hurry and just dump the coral in the tank to save the thing ;Sour I call LA and the lady asks for pictures tells me to put it in the freezer if it dies and says they might wont it back ..on and On!... Geezze Im waiting for her to say 8x10 color glosses with circles and arrows and a paragraph in back! Now i go and get the coral and its not looking too bad. I took pics and sent a questioning email if they had gone to a cheaper service. pics taken about 20- 30 minuets after delivery

20180828_181206 (1).jpg

20180828_180144.jpg

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I scheduled this work knowing that I had a delivery from Live aquaria that normally delivers before 11Am but its 5:30 and the box shows up from Ups and its warm :mad: so I open it and the inside is hot!:mad::mad:
I first think its a heat pack..feels like one but it says ice so I hurry and get the bag out and its cloudy:mad::mad::mad: So I hurry and just dump the coral in the tank to save the thing ;Sour I call LA and the lady asks for pictures tells me to put it in the freezer if it dies and says they might wont it back ..on and On!... Geezze Im waiting for her to say 8x10 color glosses with circles and arrows and a paragraph in back! Now i go and get the coral and its not looking too bad. I took pics and sent a questioning email if they had gone to a cheaper service. pics taken about 20- 30 minuets after delivery

20180828_181206 (1).jpg

20180828_180144.jpg

Wow. Not so icy! Hope they take care of you (seems they usually do). Or more so, hope it lives.

OP
OP
siggy

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

20180828_181206 (1).jpg

20180828_180144.jpg

That sucks, fingers crossed for it.

OP
OP
siggy

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow. Not so icy! Hope they take care of you (seems they usually do). Or more so, hope it lives.
I have only had one refund from them in the past and it was easy and no questions asked, that lady was tough. I actually think they have New Management or changed the way they are doing things. I actually call a hour earlier questioning delivery and the same lady said UPS has until 7 or 8-PM to deliver;Woot I have never had a live stock delivery past noon and now think they are going with a Economy Overnight....Pet Co has New management ..New way to do business?

FLSharkvictim

Shark Advocate
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have done alot and not enough, i touched on the bubble outbreak and have a LARGE emerald crab handling that. Installed a Apex and still don't trust that much, the temp sensor needs calibration and a few other things
setup. I did a couple treads on hybrid modification. I'll just get to the pic's.......

20180120_171959.jpg

20180122_191704.jpg

20180122_191943 (1).jpg

@siggy , how did you make a side door or did your cabinet come like that where you have access for your electronics and controller?

OP
OP
siggy

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@siggy , how did you make a side door or did your cabinet come like that where you have access for your electronics and controller?
I ordered the cabinet with the door. As I mentioned in your thread I will be up grading and Will have a dedicated Controls cabinet. I am leaning towards a oversize Cabinet aprox 1 foot on each side or just one depending on tank size.

FLSharkvictim

Shark Advocate
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@siggy - I'm leaning towards something like this for all of my electronics and my controller and dosing pumps etc.
A course, I would paint it all blk to match my system.

th

or

Caraway Floor Cabinet In Soft White - Sauder 414032
httpssep.yimg.comaytotallyfurniturecaraway-floor-cabinet-in-soft-white-sauder-414032-5.gif

OP
OP
siggy

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry for the lack of motivation but I had some set backs and with that A DINO outbreak. Man that can wreck a tank. My system for the last year has been a struggle. Phosphates have been off the charts sense I started using a Chaeto Fuge. So I removed it last week and I stopped dosing nitrate. Dinos have settled down but the rocks are still covered.

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry for the lack of motivation but I had some set backs and with that A DINO outbreak. Man that can wreck a tank. My system for the last year has been a struggle. Phosphates have been off the charts sense I started using a Chaeto Fuge. So I removed it last week and I stopped dosing nitrate. Dinos have settled down but the rocks are still covered.

We all have our battles with our systems, including myself.:rolleyes: You will get around it, then you think your a pro. Then something else happens, that is saltwater reefing:oops::D:D.

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was also going to say, that do not think your alone. I have been having so many ups and downs this last year. It have been very frustrating.:)

OP
OP
siggy

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok Im back. So battling Phos, nothing I did helped, GFO, water changes, cut back on food and heavy vac of the sand bed. The fuge was producing a basket ball of chaeto every 2 weeks but I noticed some scum, I believe was die off, Maybe the kessel light was too bright or because the chaeto was not tumbling, I would manually roll the chaeto over to expose the under side, it was always nice and green and never that stringy gooey stuff you see from die off. I also had hair algae growing on the side of the sump along with other forms of macro's. Then the Dinos took over.

20190211_154728.jpg

20190211_154739.jpg

20190211_155121.jpg

OP
OP
siggy

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nasty right? that was during the tear out, I would have to clean the sump every 3 months. Well I attacked the tank, the new branch rock got pulled out scrubbed and is soaking. The tank is holding up without new outbreaks.
I lost some sps frags but thats nothing new. I am going back to basics as far as filtration goes. Triton may have its merits but that in itself seems like another hobby all by itself. No filter sock, fuge to prosses all the waist and then a skimmer to pick up the slack? Personally I dont think their is an advantage to trashing your sump and having to spend as much time or more in the sump than simple maintenance on the display. Its only been a week and I like not having to mess with the mess.

20190212_171014.jpg

20190212_170850.jpg

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 39 43.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 22.2%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 29 32.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.2%
Back