OP
siggy

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I finally turn the skimmer back on sense the Dino outbreak. With the fudge removed and and 1 cup of GFO and Carbon and a 10ml dose of lathium Chloride I now have no Phosphates infarct the shimmer was turned off the entire time. I will test again this weekend to see if it creeps back up. I did however loose a nice torch and a couple acro frags. Going to start looking for a 100 gallon tank today The wife has had enough of her living room taken over by the reef tank.......More to come.........

OP
OP
siggy

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok I am finally going to be moving into the den and as agreed a New system

Items in your order Qty Price
Reefer XL 425 System (88 Gal) - Red Sea - White
Nitrate REEFER Test Kit - NYOS
20 lb. Special Grade Arag-Alive! Reef Sand - CaribSea
4 $155.96
Not quite a 100 gallon but I had to stay at 48"

OP
OP
siggy

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Clearly you will need to buy more coral and fish too...
I have learned a few things (the hard way) and as a result plan on only adding that special piece when its available.
BUT if you noticed I am going with special grade sand . The puka shells I have are great, it doesn't blow around, but is not good for Fishes like Leopard Wrasses or Gobies;)

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now I know what is happening Tin is off the charts so something is in the tank, also Iodine is bottomed out. @jsker will a rusted magnet show tin?
https://www.triton-lab.de/en/showroom/aquarium/auswertung-b/icp-oes/64916/

That would be a question for @Randy Holmes-Farley, I do know from experience that when my MP-40 wetside magnet cracked. My system took a nose dive.

Here is someone's thread on tin in there system after testing link
Here is another thread were Randy answered link , also more threads on the same topic link , link, link :)

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fixed the broken link:oops::D

OP
OP
siggy

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Attachments

• triton2.pdf
    119.2 KB · Views: 85

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That sums up the tank.

I looked at the link of the triton test. Time to take everything apart and look for rust, metal contact with the water.

OP
OP
siggy

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I looked at the link of the triton test. Time to take everything apart and look for rust, metal contact with the water.
Yow many water changes till your tank saw improvement once you located the problem?

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yow many water changes till your tank saw improvement once you located the problem?

I would say/suggest, at least a 50% water change. Then maybe 2 20% after that every 3 days would bring the levels down.

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just looked at my return pump and saw that I had a quick disconnect that had metal rings near the water line and rearranged the disconnect out of the sump. Little things like this can cause problems.;)

OP
OP
siggy

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
going to hit it tonight, I have a spare wet side and I am thinking a scraper blade my have gotten in the tank, I bought a pack when I had that dino outbreak and changed out a couple of times.

OP
OP
siggy

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dont forget checking any veggie clip magnets you may use. I accidently found mine rusted out a couple weeks back.
Thanks I never even considered that. I went threw the tank last night and only found this. I have 40 gallons of salt mixing for tonight, but its too late for my trachy . My lobo is in trouble, I have had him for over two years thew thick and thin, always my indicator on water quality. when it didn't respond to WC I sent out the ICP test. Im actually thinking setting up a hospital tank for the corals effected.

20190513_190509.jpg

Back