Fully customize Neptune Trident's test schedule

OfficeReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I took a look at this today. I think have two outputs, which I was able to retrieve a config for on module 4. Both have OSC settings but nothing more to define which is doing what.

Blue Cheese

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah they have osc settings,just have to program a different setting for when you want it to test

kiet_kat

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cant believe I just found this thread. Thank you! But does anyone have the original OSC in case I would ever want to revert back? Or could I just simply set the trident back to factory default in the app?

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

BroccoliFarmer

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just found this one as well. So excited that I can have more control over my alkalinity and not need to spend for Calcium and Magnesium so much. Thank you so much.

Alk Schedule (Position 4)
OSC 000:00/001:00/239:00 Then ON
All Schedule (Position 3)
Set OFF
If Time 00:00 to 00:01 Then ON

BroccoliFarmer

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rất tiếc, tôi đã thử truy cập vào liên kết https://apexfusion.com/apex/<id>/config/outputs/5_4 nhưng đều không thành công. bạn có thể giúp tôi Tôi không biết phải thay thế <id> bằng gì và tìm nó ở đâu? cảm tạ
Sử dụng Google Dịch. Xin lỗi nếu không đúng.

Truy cập trực tuyến apexfusion của bạn
Bạn sẽ thấy địa chỉ và id đơn vị của bạn mà tôi gọi là [guid]

https://apexfusion.com/apex/guid

Sau đó đi đến

rtparty

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Couldn't we just change the OSC code to make this work instead of writing new code?

For example, if I want to test alk 2x a day then I just copy and paste the current combined test code?

spicymikey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is excellent. I used this tip to modify my Trident to do 1 Alk and 2 Alk/Cal/Mag tests per day. I have feeling this will get wiped out with software updates, so I made myself a quick document to help me redo it without researching all over again. Sharing below if it helps others. Note this is written to my specific situation your Module and names will likely be different

Attachments

• Trident Scheduling Code.pdf
    178.4 KB · Views: 163

spicymikey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Couldn't we just change the OSC code to make this work instead of writing new code?

For example, if I want to test alk 2x a day then I just copy and paste the current combined test code?
I tried that first but turns out the OSC command cannot have an interval greater than 16hrs. Not sure why they would code it that way but if you wanted to have a single day interval executing at midnight then you'll just want to use a time command like I decided to use in my example above.

knockout

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
FYI just upgraded AOS Version 5.11 1D23, no issues keeping the custom schedule
The Dude Dancing GIF by The Dude Perfect Show

ariellemermaid

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still no issues for the first people with the trident clogging up or inaccurate tests?
So this is difficult to say. I’ve had one trident for over 2 years and 1 for a bit more than a year (bought used). I’ve been doing the custom schedule for about 15 months (1-2 tests per day). For the 2 year one I had to clean the lines once before the new schedule and once after. For the used 1+ year unit I’ve had to clean once in that time.

Overall I think those cleaning intervals are pretty reasonable for a device that puts dirty salt water through the tiniest of little tubes combined with dyes and a plastic cuvette. I think Neptune says to send it in for a cleaning about once a year or more often as needed and I’m averaging once a year.

There should be little concern about cleaning though. The entire unit is tool-less and just kind of snaps apart after removing the feet. It does really help to have 2 tools for the actual cleaning though; coral forceps (angled tip is great) and micro drop syringe tips like the ones that come with the Red Sea Alk/Ca/Mg tests. All of my clogs have been either in the input line or the waste line, but I usually flush the hub as well. You just use the forceps to pull each suspect line off the hub, then with a syringe full of water and the micro tip, push it inside the line and give it a good power flush. I’ve found it’s not subtle; when you find the line with the clog a little junk will come out.

No issues with inconsistent tests. When the lines get clogged it’s either been a “sample line fail” or “test A fail” alarm.

Nope, other than I have to recalibrate it again after cleaning the cuvette! :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:
This reminds me a of a tip I’ve learned over time. When you hook everything back up don’t use the “Trident Initialize” task. That resets the calibration and the reagent fluid levels. Instead, just plug it back in and manually tell it to prime all the lines. This keeps the old reagent levels and calibration. However, it never hurts to recalibrate after maintenance or changing reagents.

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This reminds me a of a tip I’ve learned over time. When you hook everything back up don’t use the “Trident Initialize” task. That resets the calibration and the reagent fluid levels. Instead, just plug it back in and manually tell it to prime all the lines. This keeps the old reagent levels and calibration. However, it never hurts to recalibrate after maintenance or changing reagents.
That's what i do. However, with the cuvette now much cleaner - test results are off and it needs to be recalibrated (my alkalinity was off by -0.5dKH, calcium by 125ppm and magnesium by 100ppm).

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 15 18.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 13 16.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 42 51.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 9.9%
Back