Furry acro ID!

Boxofpurplerocks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Like the title says...can anybody help me ID this furry acro? Picked this frag up this weekend as an impulse buy, price was right and I loved the shaggyness. Does anybody have an idea of what it is? Loving the polyp extension. Base/branches seem purple while the polyps are a green-brown.

20190825_174436.jpg

Attachments

• 20190825_174447.mp4
    43.8 MB

JordanS01

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could be a long shot as I don't really know my SPS, but maybe it's a Tricolor staghorn?

eraser2001

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I have one that looks like the same and I think is an tenius. My came like free from asd.
I'm out of home traveling to Macna. When I come back I could take a picture and you can compare

OP
OP
Boxofpurplerocks

Boxofpurplerocks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could be a long shot as I don't really know my SPS, but maybe it's a Tricolor staghorn?
Is there a better way to post photos than directly attaching them to posts? Photo shows up clear on my phone but quality must reduce when posting.

Graffiti Spot

Cat and coral maker
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tenuis have more defined coralites than this. This piece has small round bumpy coralites from what I can see and the color and long polyps remind me of a horrida. Look up horrida on aims and compare to what you have op. People I’d things as tenuis so often now. It used to happen often but now with this tenuis fad going on corals get mixed up with tenuis so often. I would suggest basting the coral to push the polyps in so we can se the structure of the skeleton better. This is the only way we can attempt to ID it with any accuracy.

OP
OP
Boxofpurplerocks

Boxofpurplerocks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After doing a bunch of searching it looks like this may be something like an ORA Chips or ORA Bellina...hard to tell since both of these were discontinued and there arent a lot of pics, but they seem pretty darn close.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 33 31.1%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 23.6%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 20 18.9%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 26.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back