Future Reefer, Hopefully Future Breeder

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone, I've been a lurker for a while as I'm new to the world of aquaria, and I've still got a lot to learn. I don't have a tank yet (and I probably won't have one for a while), but I'm hoping to learn and plan everything that I need to in order to have my first attempt go as smoothly as possible when the time comes. I'm hoping eventually to be able to breed most everything I want to keep (or at least to be able to get them to spawn in my tanks), but I understand that's a lofty (and possibly unattainable) goal. Regardless, that's still my goal and I'm sticking to it.

Currently, I have one realistic tank I hope to build (69-75 gallons), a dream tank for when (if) I ever have a massive chunk of change burning a hole in my pocket (1,100 gallons or so), and a third, in between tank (still pretty unrealistic at this point) for if I ever feel expert enough with fish to try figuring out how to breed rarer species/for if someone ever figures out how to breed nautiluses (I love nautiluses, and I would love to breed them if possible - they're currently trying to see if simulating deep water pressure is the key to raising baby nautiluses to adulthood, and if it is that throws that dream out the window, but I'm still kind of hoping it works). However, if neither of those end up being possible, I'll probably turn it into a cold-water tank or something.

Anyway, I'll probably end up posting random questions from time to time trying to learn new things (some complex, some simple, some practical, some theoretical), but I'd appreciate any input when I ask them. Additionally, when I do eventually get around to starting my tanks, I'll be sure to do build threads for them, and I'd love some feedback on how I could make them even better for my fish when I do. Until then, though, it's great to be a part of the community, and I'll see you all around.

Thanks!

Welcome! Really glad you joined and really love your thoughtful approach as well as goals. Fish you get will be super glad (and super healthy!) too. I'm culturing pods and live black worms trying to get my fish to that super healthy point, though actually rearing fry isn't among my goals (they'll end up being more fish food... circle of life).

Manny’s Reef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to the R2R family.

you're welcome love GIF

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 20.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back