OP
gcarroll

gcarroll

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why didnt u connect the two barrels together?
I really couldn’t find a good reason to do it. The freshwater tank works great gravity fed as I’m not adding freshwater to the display only the sump. Can you think of a problem with filling the tank directly from the RODI?

Last edited:

GBRsouth

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really couldn’t find a good reason to do it. The freshwater tank works great gravity fed as I’m not adding freshwater to the display only the sump. Can you think of a problem with filling the tank directly from the RODI?

Only problem with that, is tank emergencies only happen when you don’t have saltwater made up. And you’ll be waiting for your rodi to fill it so slowly while you look at your full freshwater barrel thinking “if only I had of”!:rolleyes:

Love the aquascape!:)

OP
OP
gcarroll

gcarroll

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Only problem with that, is tank emergencies only happen when you don’t have saltwater made up. And you’ll be waiting for your rodi to fill it so slowly while you look at your full freshwater barrel thinking “if only I had of”!:rolleyes:

Love the aquascape!:)

I get what you are saying but in the event of an emergency, I can alway grab a pump and a hose, drop it in the fresh tank and pump it to the salt. Or even drop a tunze in that freshwater tank and mix it there. There are no rules when we are talking emergencies!

OP
OP
gcarroll

gcarroll

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2B46FEA2-3F81-46F6-8193-068EB0EA5F79.jpeg
Acros have found their way into the tank.

Last edited:
OP
OP
gcarroll

gcarroll

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Done any par mapping with that light arrangement? I’ve never seen anyone run 4 pucks that close together.

looking good by the way.
I’m not one for doing things like everyone else. Being a former metal halide guy, I wanted to emulate 3 large metal Halide reflectors. I think the PAR numbers are pretty incredible and very even across the entire tank.

This is the test I did to see what it was capable of. This it the lights at 100% AB+. I am currently running them at 50%.

99690A43-D98E-477D-B6AE-8304D049F78E.jpeg

OP
OP
gcarroll

gcarroll

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you run one starting with dry rock before Greg?
Yes Todd, my 25g was started with dry rock about 2 years ago. The rock in this tank already has a good seeding of coraline algae since I added some from a friends tank 2 months ago.
1464B486-B702-4828-9272-EDBA785A9DFD.png

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 28 15.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 24 13.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 105 58.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.6%
Back