OP
gcarroll

gcarroll

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, that is one of the best examples of the features of the Ecotech diffuser. I was sceptical about it, but read and see more and more positive comments. Thanks for sharing.
Would this mean that the Radions could be placed closer to the water level?
Absolutely, so many people were worried about the par reduction due to the diffuser but that can easily overcome with lowering the fixture. Lowering a couple inches could even yield a net gain.

Abhishek

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Absolutely, so many people were worried about the par reduction due to the diffuser but that can easily overcome with lowering the fixture. Lowering a couple inches could even yield a net gain.

Wow !! You are really making me think hard to move from my beloved halides to radions. You think 2 with diffuser will sufficiently cover 30 in x 30 in x 18 in (Height) tank with 90% acros ?

scary part is how the acros will take the transition ...

Regards,
Abhishek

OP
OP
gcarroll

gcarroll

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow !! You are really making me think hard to move from my beloved halides to radions. You think 2 with diffuser will sufficiently cover 30 in x 30 in x 18 in (Height) tank with 90% acros ?

scary part is how the acros will take the transition ...

Regards,
Abhishek
That would be an awesome choice. If you had halides you will definitely love the Radions with the diffuser! And that id from a life-long halide guy. I know others say their are other LEDs that are just as good or better but to me, there is absolutely no equal! I have seen no proof that any other LED, halide, or T5 is capable of producing the same results. I personally feel that choosing any other light would have been an artificial handicap in producing wicked colored corals.

Abhishek

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That would be an awesome choice. If you had halides you will definitely love the Radions with the diffuser! And that id from a life-long halide guy. I know others say their are other LEDs that are just as good or better but to me, there is absolutely no equal! I have seen no proof that any other LED, halide, or T5 is capable of producing the same results. I personally feel that choosing any other light would have been an artificial handicap in producing wicked colored corals.

Awesome man !!! First Sanjay and now you .. Honestly am starting to think - if Radions are good enough for you guys , they should be great for me .
You see no chances of shadowing with 6 G4s over the 200+ gallon tank ?

Regards,
Abhishek

Centerline

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I finished the plumbing and added the Radion diffuser. I’m hoping to have water in the nano this weekend. I was really shocked at how much more spread you get with the diffuser. I would have never noticed had it not been comparing these two photos.

fdfeaf6a1c5d7c6184bda882982d2468.jpg
cc50e7759abec19ea25416ef6f3013e4.jpg
Y Man, I loaded three of them on Radions at my office this morning and was pretty impressed. I run V/UV/B/RB and touch of whites. At first it looked a lot like a ATI Blue+ tank - kicked the whites up a touch and it started looking a lot like a Radium tank. Also took a little time to look for hot spots as I can ALWAYS find them - not so much today!

Centerline

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Little update: The nano is filled! Added Dr Tim’s one and only so the cycle can begin. Bringing temp up to 83 so the bacteria can increase its metabolism.

e39bc464519ed18120fe9f83b485bab0.jpg
MY kind of cycle ;) - You know that really is a nice looking little tank. Where did you score that? I cant seem to find them online anywhere.

Centerline

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well guys sorry for the delay but I am experiencing technical difficulties. They have crated up my sump and it is being loaded in the container, I expect the sump in approximately 3 weeks. In the meantime, I am getting really anxious, so I decided to set up a 25g nano.

25g Vitrea tank, Radion XR30 pro.
e7b58edb93f83150d31cf4a67426c051.jpg

Sump, Sicce 1.5 return pump, Tunze nano osmolator
f18cfb560bf114d7188c4a53b3050765.jpg

I love the stand with the glass doors and frosted glass accents.
aa9cb87787269b90ecdf9f0e19ebaa63.jpg
Dang but that's a sexy little setup!

Abhishek

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Little update: The nano is filled! Added Dr Tim’s one and only so the cycle can begin. Bringing temp up to 83 so the bacteria can increase its metabolism.

e39bc464519ed18120fe9f83b485bab0.jpg

And something's finally WET !!! You sure you are staying with LPS or softies in this tank ? Because the light spread tells me very soon there might be sticks around :D

Regards,
Abhishek

OP
OP
gcarroll

gcarroll

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
MY kind of cycle ;) - You know that really is a nice looking little tank. Where did you score that? I cant seem to find them online anywhere.
back in 2010, Vitrea came out from Italy to exhibit at MACNA and Reefapalooza. After Reefapalooza, I secured a deal for the club to buy 2 of the tanks for the Christmas party raffle grand prizes. Although I didn’t win, I purchased the tank from the winner. The company went belly up about 2-3 years later. I guess they didn’t find a large market for $4000 nano tanks. Lol. The company was pretty innovative as the tank came with a 60w RGB led system. Actually one of the first companies to come out with that. Funny thing is they never even advertised it and I stumbled upon that feature on accident. Shame they didn’t make it.

OP
OP
gcarroll

gcarroll

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And something's finally WET !!! You sure you are staying with LPS or softies in this tank ? Because the light spread tells me very soon there might be sticks around :D

Regards,
Abhishek
i might have to agree. I was on WWC’s website last night and thinking the exact same thing! Already thinking of adding montis and chalices too!

Centerline

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
back in 2010, Vitrea came out from Italy to exhibit at MACNA and Reefapalooza. After Reefapalooza, I secured a deal for the club to buy 2 of the tanks for the Christmas party raffle grand prizes. Although I didn’t win, I purchased the tank from the winner. The company went belly up about 2-3 years later. I guess they didn’t find a large market for $4000 nano tanks. Lol. The company was pretty innovative as the tank came with a 60w RGB led system. Actually one of the first companies to come out with that. Funny thing is they never even advertised it and I stumbled upon that feature on accident. Shame they didn’t make it.
Indeed. I just scored a couple of 25s to flank my RS 525 build. They are OK but after seeing your tank ... well.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Looking good bro!

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Nice nano! I did confuse it for a moment with a 260g tank... :rolleyes: :D :cool:

OP
OP
gcarroll

gcarroll

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still waiting on the sump. It did not leave as originally planned. And it should be arriving sometime next week. Then we have to wait on customs. Ben went on vacation for a week so I expect to hear something when he gets back.

SchnitzelReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still waiting on the sump. It did not leave as originally planned. And it should be arriving sometime next week. Then we have to wait on customs. Ben went on vacation for a week so I expect to hear something when he gets back.

2 years for a sump??

I’ll have John build you a sump. I’ll even have him put a vertex sticker on it, you won’t even know the difference. Hahaha

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 19.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back