Gen 1 AI Hydra Q?

Jerzyray

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 25, 2016
Messages
435
Reaction score
165
Location
New Jersey
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all, Iv bin researching the AI hydra (non-HD) LEDs. I don't have a controller for them, but I do have an apex. Can anyone help me figure out how I can control these lights?
When I plug them in all the LEDs come on full power.
 
Hey all, Iv bin researching the AI hydra (non-HD) LEDs. I don't have a controller for them, but I do have an apex. Can anyone help me figure out how I can control these lights?
When I plug them in all the LEDs come on full power.
Did the apex ever work I just picked up a gen 1 and cant find a control to buy
 
A gen 1 hydra or a non HD hydra?

The first generations had hardwired controllers (first photo) and option for a bluetooth dongle to connect to a "wireless" controller as in photo 2.
Then they put bluetooth modules in the non HD lights to connect to a "wireless" controller, Or a director to have access via cloud connection.

The HD lights have full wireless capibilities so no need for a dongle.
The non HD light would likely need a director to connect to the interwebz.
The older first gen lights ....not sure if you could make it work on an apex.

Hope this helps.

controller.jpg ai-controller-new.jpg
 
Hydra non hd if anyone has one for sale let me know
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 4.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new